Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,264

1 members and 3,263 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Ever have kids tempt your dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by snakecharmer3638 View Post
    If this "STORY" is true then I would have to say you handled this situation all wrong. And did nothing but turn a, harmless kids being kids situation, into a physical confrontation. One which does nothing for you but add to the fun of these kids every time they pass your house, and cause further problems for yourself. What you should have done was just ignored them while they passed by your house, It sounds like you were inside, So chances are, like with most things kids do they would have tired of what they were doing and moved on. Also going out to confront them and getting into a physical confrontation, when you are supposed to be the ADULT does not look good when police get involved. Especially if one of those kids had gotten injured. I know you said he swung at you first but remember it's your word against his and there were more of them.
    I'm the kid and here's my story "Yea Officer we were walking by and we were being loud. And this dog started barking. So we banged on the fence a couple of times. Then this crazy guy comes out of the house and attacks me."
    Sorry, Not worth it. In my opinion.
    i was going back and forth to my garage from my room. Cleaning and feeding rodents and feeding some snakes.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snakecharmer3638 View Post
    Great to know. That makes it all better. Next time some DUMB KID bangs on my fence and I can't control my dog. I'll just go out and kick the kids butt. That will make me a better, more mature ADULT.
    I could care less if I am considered an 'adult'. I'm immature and I know it and I am proud of it.

Who says I can't control my dog? I told him to go get the kid and he scared the crap out of him didn't he?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    We have a responsibility to act responsible. In other words, when that happens, call the authorities to come out and take care of it. Don't put your dogs, you, or the kids in danger. Don't threaten the kids. It does no one any good.
    Pfft. The cops around here are lazy fat slobs. I called the cops on a bunch of kids who were smoking weed in a middle school playground. The cops never showed up...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    By him going out, threatening them, letting his dog outside to scare them, and getting physical with a child (thats right a child and I don't care who swung first, its still a child)
    he taught them that is ok to act that way. Great lesson to be learned

Kids need proper discipline, find out who their parents are, call the school, call the police, but never ever threaten a child. Walk away, property can always be fixed.
    I wouldn't call some 5'7" ish person with sideburns like Elvis swinging at me a child. I would call him a threat.

Yes, find out who his parents are. Because I remember when complete strangers asked my name I always told them that.

What should I say to the school "a student attending your school with sideburns like Elvis attempted to physically attack me and was banging on my fence. Go find him and properly punish him."

What should I say to the police? "A punk kid with sideburns like Elvis attempted to strike me. He is among the 1,000+ kids up there. Go find him and properly punish him"

I'm not paying for damages done to my property done by someone else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO View Post
    Pfft. The cops around here are lazy fat slobs. I called the cops on a bunch of kids who were smoking weed in a middle school playground. The cops never showed up...
    you know what kids now a days need to have the fear of God put in them good job = ]

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bettacreek View Post
    I have to agree with Snakecharmer on this one. Your dogs were in your house, on your bed. The kids aren't to be blamed for the dogs' barking. Either move and get a larger property with double fencing up so nobody can get anywhere near to your private yard, or train the dogs to bark only when someone actually invades their territory, and learn how to control the barking so that you can stop it once you find out that nothing is actually wrong. Swearing at a bunch of highschool kids because they're loud is, well, over the top to say the least. I could see if they were out at 1am smashing beer bottles in your driveway, but walking down "your" sidewalk in the afternoon, talking in loud voices? If you don't like it, you need to move to a more secluded area. To have your dog "attack" a kid is even worse yet. What if your dog had actually gotten through the fence and attacked the kids, all because they were walking by? You would have a fine and your dog would be in court for being a "vicious dog". Even worse yet, you go out to the public walk and attack the kid. Yes, I say YOU attacked the kid. If I were walking down a public sidewalk with friends, then had some nutjob storm out his door and cuss at us because we were too loud, then tried to have his dog attack us yet, I would defend myself if you came at me too. It doesn't matter if this kid threw the first punch, with what happened, it could be considered self-defense. If some madman came after you, wouldn't you try to keep yourself safe? These kids don't know if you're some crazy psycho on drugs, after all, you did come flying out of your house like one.
    1.) I'm not moving anywhere for quite a while.

2.) Only train the dogs to bark when someone is invading their territory? At that point it can be too late. Someone already hopped my fence one day last year looking to do god knows what and my dogs chased him away before I even knew he was there. They must have heard him hop the fence or something. For all I know, that guy was a child molester and was coming for my little sister.

3.) I wasn't swearing at the kids for being loud. I verbally attacked them because they threatened to do harm to my dog and were screwing with my property.

4.) I did not attack the 'kid'. He attacked me and I defended myself. What's that have to do with my dog being on the other side of the fence and me confronting the 'kids' who threatened to do harm to my dog? I told my dog to get the kid who was climbing the tree. It was a couple minutes later when I heard someone say "throw a rock at the dog".

5.) I didn't come flying out of the house, it was the garage

You're right, next time someone threatens to hit my dog with a rock I'll put my dog on a leash and hand them the rocks to peg at my dog.

Maybe you don't care for your animals like family, but I do. What if you heard someone threatening to hurt someone like your child? Would you react in a calm matter?

Thanks

"Maybe you don't care for your animals like family, but I do. What if you heard someone threatening to hurt someone like your child? Would you react in a calm matter?"

Would I put my child into a situation where he was in danger of being attacked by kids? No. I wouldn't "sick" my child on a group of kids to get my kicks. I DO see my pets as family, which is why my dogs are 5 months old and properly trained, they don't attempt to attack random children for being near the property. Defending of yourself and your property is one thing, however, you TOLD them to attack children who weren't even on your property. I personally don't see putting a dog into a dangerous situation as caring for the dog as a family member. Really, if you thought these kids were going to cause any harm, would you throw your child out there and tell your child to scare them and settle the score?! What about the danger that the dog may STILL be in? If these kids are half as bad in your neighborhood as you seem to think, what happens when you're not home and they break into your place and kill the dog for paybacks or if the dog is outside and you're not paying attention and someone slips poisoned bait or whatever else? This is all theoretical, though it HAS been known to happen. In my opinion you put your dog into a bad situation because you thought these kids were dangerous.

"You're right, next time someone threatens to hit my dog with a rock I'll put my dog on a leash and hand them the rocks to peg at my dog."

Next time, instead of throwing your dog out as bait, why not train him to stop barking when you command?

Either way, I'm done discussing, we all know how each other feels on the subject now and it's just going back to repeating the same thing over and over again. Hopefully your pets stay safe as well as the children walking on the public walk near your house.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bettacreek View Post
    Would I put my child into a situation where he was in danger of being attacked by kids? No. I wouldn't "sick" my child on a group of kids to get my kicks. I DO see my pets as family, which is why my dogs are 5 months old and properly trained, they don't attempt to attack random children for being near the property. Defending of yourself and your property is one thing, however, you TOLD them to attack children who weren't even on your property. I personally don't see putting a dog into a dangerous situation as caring for the dog as a family member. Really, if you thought these kids were going to cause any harm, would you throw your child out there and tell your child to scare them and settle the score?! What about the danger that the dog may STILL be in? If these kids are half as bad in your neighborhood as you seem to think, what happens when you're not home and they break into your place and kill the dog for paybacks or if the dog is outside and you're not paying attention and someone slips poisoned bait or whatever else? This is all theoretical, though it HAS been known to happen. In my opinion you put your dog into a bad situation because you thought these kids were dangerous.

Next time, instead of throwing your dog out as bait, why not train him to stop barking when you command?
    'Kid' dangling on a branch that is connected to a tree that is planted in my backyard on my property. Therefore, yes, he was on my property.

They shouldn't do anything to my dog because my dog did not physically hurt any of them. I know where these 'kids' go to school. It's a good 2 miles away from my house. They were on their way to a field trip, I know this because one of my friends goes to that school, a Catholic school go figure, and told me she passed my house on their way to some art museum.

My dogs know what poison is and know to avoid it. There is rat/mouse poison in the garage and in certain parts of the house. They know to avoid it. Anyone tries breaking into my house they have to get past a Brinks alarm system, which will call my next door neighbor who owns a two barrel shotgun.

If I had a big kid, yes, I would send him out there to scare the other kids. My mom has me check on weird noises she hears outside around her car, does that mean she's using me as bait? And no, I will not teach my dog to 'stop barking'. I'm fine with all of them the way they are. They're the protectors of this home, anyone comes near it, they're locked on them watching their every move.

Thanks

"'Kid' dangling on a branch that is connected to a tree that is planted in my backyard on my property. Therefore, yes, he was on my property."

So, if your tree was on the border of your property and it was dangling over into your neighbor's yard, according to you, if they were to trim the branches on their side of the fence, that would be considered vandalism, and, believe me, it's not.

"My dogs know what poison is and know to avoid it. There is rat/mouse poison in the garage and in certain parts of the house."

Actually, antifreeze is a very sweet substance, attractive to dogs, and is a common poison. There are thousands of different types of poisons out there, you can't honestly think that the dogs KNOW exactly what is poison and what is not.

Either way, hopefully everyone in this situation and other possible situations stays safe.
    Last edited by Bettacreek; 09-25-2008 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks

You showed him! What pinheads... That really hisses me off.. I hate other teens who are stupid... most of them are.. I can't believe they threatened your dog! I would have made the first swing! Then again I am a girl and my punches arn't like they were when I was a kid * much stronger harder hitting back then* Now if they hit me I sic my Boyfriend and our buddies after them. Creeps.. If they come back you should totally paintball them in the tushy!
    ~*Luna*~ The crazy Sagittarius/Snake BP Lady
    Cal and Ki's Proud Mommy.
    ~~* Goddess Bless*~~
    1.0.0- Normal Ball Python (Kyros "Ki")
    0.1.0- Normal*Spider sibling*Ball Python(Calypso"Cal")
    1.0.0- Betta fish (Leonidas "Leo")
    Steve Irwin (2/22/62 - 9/4/06)
    Sagittarius- Shockingly blunt since the beginning of time!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast