Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,439

2 members and 3,437 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Ever have kids tempt your dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by RKO View Post
    'Kid' dangling on a branch that is connected to a tree that is planted in my backyard on my property. Therefore, yes, he was on my property.

They shouldn't do anything to my dog because my dog did not physically hurt any of them. I know where these 'kids' go to school. It's a good 2 miles away from my house. They were on their way to a field trip, I know this because one of my friends goes to that school, a Catholic school go figure, and told me she passed my house on their way to some art museum.

My dogs know what poison is and know to avoid it. There is rat/mouse poison in the garage and in certain parts of the house. They know to avoid it. Anyone tries breaking into my house they have to get past a Brinks alarm system, which will call my next door neighbor who owns a two barrel shotgun.

If I had a big kid, yes, I would send him out there to scare the other kids. My mom has me check on weird noises she hears outside around her car, does that mean she's using me as bait? And no, I will not teach my dog to 'stop barking'. I'm fine with all of them the way they are. They're the protectors of this home, anyone comes near it, they're locked on them watching their every move.
    I agree with him. It was his tree, his yard, his dog, his security that was being invaded. What type of doggie to you have? I believe that a dogs bark is a blessing! It lets you know something is lurking. I would have thrown my pet rock at them if they had thrown a rock at my dog..... But like they said. BE CAREFUL! I really hope nothing happens to you or your dog. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
    ~*Luna*~ The crazy Sagittarius/Snake BP Lady
    Cal and Ki's Proud Mommy.
    ~~* Goddess Bless*~~
    1.0.0- Normal Ball Python (Kyros "Ki")
    0.1.0- Normal*Spider sibling*Ball Python(Calypso"Cal")
    1.0.0- Betta fish (Leonidas "Leo")
    Steve Irwin (2/22/62 - 9/4/06)
    Sagittarius- Shockingly blunt since the beginning of time!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bettacreek View Post
    "'Kid' dangling on a branch that is connected to a tree that is planted in my backyard on my property. Therefore, yes, he was on my property."

So, if your tree was on the border of your property and it was dangling over into your neighbor's yard, according to you, if they were to trim the branches on their side of the fence, that would be considered vandalism, and, believe me, it's not.

"My dogs know what poison is and know to avoid it. There is rat/mouse poison in the garage and in certain parts of the house."

Actually, antifreeze is a very sweet substance, attractive to dogs, and is a common poison. There are thousands of different types of poisons out there, you can't honestly think that the dogs KNOW exactly what is poison and what is not.

Either way, hopefully everyone in this situation and other possible situations stays safe.
    No it would not be considered vandalism because there was no harm to anything. Do you even know what vandalism is?

1. deliberately mischievous or malicious destruction or damage of property: vandalism of public buildings.
    2. the conduct or spirit characteristic of the Vandals.
    3. willful or ignorant destruction of artistic or literary treasures.
    4. a vandalic act

Maybe my dogs are smarter than yours

Thanks

If someone came onto your property and hacked down tree branches, that would be considered vandalism, because it would technically be destroying your property. The point is that if branches hang over, they technically are not on your property anymore.

"What type of doggie to you have? I believe that a dogs bark is a blessing! It lets you know something is lurking. "

Yes, a CONTROLLED bark is a blessing. According to the story, kids were walking by, the dogs (who were in the house) started barking and growling at them, so, the kids hit the fence. You cannot blame children for walking by your house on a public walk, so, to prevent the issue at the root, you train your dogs to stop barking when you tell them to. This whole issue probably could have been avoided with some simple training.
    Our pups are mixies. English bulldog, American bulldog, cockerspaniel and presumably fox terrier. The one girl looks mostly like a bulldog/boxer, the other girl looks like the designer mutt "beabull" (mix between a beagle and an American bulldog). Our pups were trained with commands and praise, not with tools that prevent barking with pain or shock. If they feel they need to, they do bark (ie, Bailey will bark once when someone is at the door, exactly one time, no more than that) but they're not obsessive, and they know when it's ok to bark and how much. I don't allow them to bark and try to attack anybody that walks by, but, yes, they can bark if necessary, and do bark on occasion when they're playing with each other. It's all about teaching your dog boundries (I guess people have to have boundries before they teach their pets boundries though), and how to behave.

Anyways, as I've said before, I think it's wrong to teach a dog that it's ok to "attack" anybody that walks by and touches "your" branches. I also think it's unbelievably wrong to verbally and physically attack children (if they're under 18, they're children, no matter if they're some 400 pound obese child, a 200lb football player or a 4' little shrimp of a child). It could and should have been prevented with simple training and possibly anger management. They're KIDS, they do goof around, and I very highly doubt that kids walking to a field trip were planning on breaking into your house, molesting your little sister or attacking you. Either way, we disagree, can we agree to disagree? If not, well, this discussion could go on for the next ten years if we really felt like it, but, honestly, it's not doing much of anything except wasting time, IMO, as we've gotten our points out and we're obviously never going to agree.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I love the people who say they are not going to post on a thread anymore and continue to do so...

If someone came onto your property and hacked down tree branches, that would be considered vandalism, because it would technically be destroying your property. The point is that if branches hang over, they technically are not on your property anymore.
    No, that would be criminal damage to property. I know because my grandmother cut some of the neighbors flowers that were sticking through her side of the fence and they called the cops and they tried slapping that charge on her.

started barking and growling at them, so, the kids hit the fence.
    Is that any reason to hit a fence?

I also think it's unbelievably wrong to verbally and physically attack children (if they're under 18, they're children, no matter if they're some 400 pound obese child, a 200lb football player or a 4' little shrimp of a child)
    Nope, the State of Illinois will charge you as an adult as soon as you turn 17. I know this because when I was arrested 2-3 years ago I was charged as a minor while my friend was charged as an adult because he was 17 and I was 16.

I very highly doubt that kids walking to a field trip were planning on breaking into your house, molesting your little sister or attacking you.
    Perfect opportunity to slip away and do whatever they please. Who knows what they were planning. I know if I was their age, which I pretty much am, I sure as heck wouldn't want to go to some boring Art Museum. You must not know 'kids' as much as you think you would like to know. I hear more stories of 16 and 17 year old boys molesting and raping girls now than ever. Even boyfriend/girlfriend stuff, if one does not give their consent, that is rape. Even if you were married, it would still be rape.

Damage to property? Most of the damage to property now is done by teenage 'kids' because they think it's cool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO View Post
    Nope, the State of Illinois will charge you as an adult as soon as you turn 17. I know this because when I was arrested 2-3 years ago I was charged as a minor while my friend was charged as an adult because he was 17 and I was 16.
    This explains so much. See by your profile I thought you were older. I knew you probably weren't 75 but I thought you were at least an adult. Your still just a kid yourself. You'll grow up some day. Until then just be careful. As I'm sure you know kids don't play nice. See when I was growing up you could get in a fight and didn't have to worry about someone pulling out a gun or knife. Natural selection has gotten a lot more dangerous. It's harder now days to do dumb things and still survive.
    ***Tony S.***

Thanks

Dear god, I figured he was older as well. No wonder. Lol. I was imagining some idiotic 30 year old beating up on kids.

Believe it or not, but, I'm 20 years old, I'm not some 40 year old who completely forgets what it's like to be a teenager, which is exactly why I was siding with the teens from the school, because I remember doing stupid things like walking down the sidewalk and jumping up to snatch leaves and branches from trees hanging over the sidewalk. Either way, I certainly hope you don't always put yourself and your dog into dangerous situations over something so silly as teens walking by your house. In a few years, you'll look back and blush just thinking about the whole situation. I know I've done things that still embarass me to this day. As Snakecharmer said, until then, keep yourself and your dogs safe.

Thanks

Dear god, I figured he was older as well. No wonder. Lol. I was imagining some idiotic 30 year old beating up on kids.

Believe it or not, but, I'm 20 years old, I'm not some 40 year old who completely forgets what it's like to be a teenager, which is exactly why I was siding with the teens from the school, because I remember doing stupid things like walking down the sidewalk and jumping up to snatch leaves and branches from trees hanging over the sidewalk. Either way, I certainly hope you don't always put yourself and your dog into dangerous situations over something so silly as teens walking by your house. In a few years, you'll look back and blush just thinking about the whole situation. I know I've done things that still embarass me to this day. As Snakecharmer said, until then, keep yourself and your dogs safe.
    Hey! Are you calling me old? Okay maybe a little old. But still alive.
    ***Tony S.***

Thanks

I remember doing stupid things like walking down the sidewalk and jumping up to snatch leaves from trees hanging over the sidewalk.
    I didn't make you out to be such a rebel.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

Lol. Not at all. I remember when I thought 30 years old was really old, now, I don't even see it as middle-age. Lol. In some ways, I feel like I'm some ancient hag or something, but, then, I'm 20, still (hopefully) have several more decades of clear mentality. I still consider some people as kids even when they're 25.

PythonWallace, I've done some incredibly stupid things that I thought were cool as a young teen, not half as innocent as snatching leaves from trees, but, what I meant by that was that teens do that ALL the time. Watch a highschool once, besides seeing young girls dressed in less clothing than a stripper, you'll also see kids goofing off and jumping around like a bunch of monkeys, it's normal.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    I didn't make you out to be such a rebel.

Oh damn. Pepsi on the computer screen

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234