Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,108

2 members and 3,106 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Rascal may not make it through the night

Quote Originally Posted by starmom View Post
    You are doing exactly what he needs you to do... You are being perfect for him. I love you. Stay with him through this.
    I won't leave his side, I decided to take the next few days off of work so he won't be home alone. I don't think I could handle coming home and Rascal being gone before I got back... The tought alone makes me sick Thanks again McKinsey you are a doll
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyToys View Post
    I know how tough it is, I lost my little pom girl four months ago and she was only eight. Remember the good times.
    I am I remember bringing him home just like it was yesterday - he was so scared and shaking I am sorry to hear about your loss...hugs coming your way

Quote Originally Posted by MuzeBallPythons View Post
    I am so sorry to hear that. I have a terrier mix, Molly, that I rescued when she was about 1 year old, 10 years ago today, so it really breaks my heart to hear about Rascal.

You will both be in my thoughts. At least he has lived his life with someone who cares very deeply about him.

Hang in there...
    Thanks so much! Rascal has to be wondering why Im blubbering like a baby - I just can't seem to turn the tears off

Quote Originally Posted by python.princess View Post
    I can't imagine what you're going through. I've never really lost a pet besides when I was little and not really attached. But there have been a few times when I look at my dog (who is not quite 6) and think that her life is half over and then she'll be gone. And I get pretty teary-eyed just thinking about it, knowing it's a long way off. For many of us, our pets really are like best friends. Nevaeh has been with me through so much already and if nobody else is around, I always know that she's there to comfort me through the hard times.

Now it's your turn to comfort Rascal in his tough time, knowing his pain is almost over. I know it's cliche (and hard to do!) but it really is easier when you try to think of the good times instead of the loss in your life. And a good support system helps as well!
    Thanks Mel!

Dogs are great...they all ways seem to know when you need them. If I had a bad day Rascal somehow just knew and would curl up in my lap and look up at me with his big brown eyes and my bad day always melted away Im trying so hard not to cry, but its not working...

You guys are the best...I feel the love

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
    Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry. I still have my first dog (that I got once I was on my own), and I am absolutely terrified when this day will come for her. I hope to be able to face it was the same grace and love that you have shown. Hold onto Rascal and give him a hug for me.
    I got Rascal before I ever even thought of having kids I knew this day would come, but there is just no way to ever be prepared.

Thanks bunches Christie

Thanks

Aww sorry to hear about Rascal. Poor Rascal and poor Lena

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    Aw Lena, Im so sorry At least you know that he has had a great life with you. I have an older dog as well that I have had since she was a puppy, she's doing well but not that dog she used to be. Im not sure how im going to deal with it once she is gone. This must be such a hard and difficult time for you, Stay strong!
    I'm doing my best to stay strong Thanks for the well wishes it's definitely appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by evil mechanic View Post
    Aww sorry to hear about Rascal. Poor Rascal and poor Lena
    Poor Rascal are my thoughts exactly...thanks Aaron

Thanks

Leaving for the vet again in a few hours... As much as I hate to say it I know Rascal needs to be put down. Hopefully they listen to my pleas. They say he's not in pain, I beg to differ

He hasn't eaten in days or drank any water. He can't get up. Starvation & dehydration cannot be a pleasant way to go.

I'm pacing the house at the moment trying to muster up some amount of composure.

Thanks again to all of you for your thoughtful words.

Thanks

Lena Im so sorry! Sending strength and peaceful vibes!
    Karen
    WAKARUSA 2011

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lean I am very very sorry to hear of your lose here is something that I hope will help. My thoughts and feelings go out to you. Remember pets are Gods little watchers. I believe when they pass they get the privilege of reporting to the most high. Like I told Robin some time back I think Rascal will stand at the feet of God almighty and say "Father.. She did a good job..she did a good job"

Its call a dogs Prayer.

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest--and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

The Pet Owners 10 commandments
    A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch.
    Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lena, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I hope your vet listens to you....I can't believe they would not respect and understand your wishes given these sorts of circumstances. If I found myself at a vet who was so unsympathetic and unhelpful...I would let them know they've lost my business for good and would go find a new vet right away.

You're in my thoughts and prayers hon.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyark View Post
    Lena Im so sorry! Sending strength and peaceful vibes!
    Strength is much needed - thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Lean I am very very sorry to hear of your lose here is something that I hope will help. My thoughts and feelings go out to you. Remember pets are Gods little watchers. I believe when they pass they get the privilege of reporting to the most high. Like I told Robin some time back I think Rascal will stand at the feet of God almighty and say "Father.. She did a good job..she did a good job"

Its call a dogs Prayer.

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest--and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

The Pet Owners 10 commandments
    A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch.
    Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
    That was beautiful...thank you! Here come the water works again

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Lena, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I hope your vet listens to you....I can't believe they would not respect and understand your wishes given these sorts of circumstances. If I found myself at a vet who was so unsympathetic and unhelpful...I would let them know they've lost my business for good and would go find a new vet right away.

You're in my thoughts and prayers hon.
    Thanks a bunch - we are actually seeing a new vet today (4th one) the last 3 all told me the same thing - he is not in pain there is nothing they can do, he is just old. It breaks my heart to see him like this, I don't know how much more Rascal & I can take I pray this vet has a bit more compassion

Thanks

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope everything works out with this new vet.

At least you had all of those wonderful years with Rascal.

Thoughts are with you

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lena Your a brave person I don't know that I could do what you are doing. I know that it our of love for the old man. I wish you the best of luck and you are in my prayers. Keep Rascal close so he can feel you at all times it'll make this time easier for hima dn you to know that your still there for each other.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast