Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,327

4 members and 3,323 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Central Exotics - LAUNCHED!

I dont know what you had before... but wow. That main area on your home page is mundo messy and confusing. What is it supposed to be?

If your looking to make a news type section, my thoughts are to keep it with newest on top, oldest at bottom. It really looks quite mashed on my screen. I'm not sure if its your intention to make it look like that or a design mistake, but it was quite discouraging and I didnt want to read any of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    I dont know what you had before... but wow. That main area on your home page is mundo messy and confusing. What is it supposed to be?

If your looking to make a news type section, my thoughts are to keep it with newest on top, oldest at bottom. It really looks quite mashed on my screen. I'm not sure if its your intention to make it look like that or a design mistake, but it was quite discouraging and I didnt want to read any of it.
    Yes .. I agree. That was one of the new things I was messing with .. will it be permanent? Good question. Do you like the look .. layout .. anything?

If the front page is the only thing that gave you bad vibes, I would like to know that.

Thanks

I changed it back to a more traditional front page (like the one I had before)

Better?

Thanks

It's better because it feels like there is seperation between the bits of news instead of a mash. I'm still not a fan of how you have it running back and forth left to right. I know you obviously want the two columns, but I dont know if it works best in that format ya know?

newest----------second newest
    third--------------fourth
    fifth---------------sixth

Usually when reading two columns you have the news running down the first column to the bottom of the page like a newspaper, then you start back up at the top again.

Newest--------------fourth
    second---------------fifth
    third----------------sixth

I just honestly prefer one column main body, your eye is drawn to one thing at a time that way ...

I guess it's just what I'm used to, but its your page!! Don't go changing it all around on my account.

Thanks

It's better because it feels like there is seperation between the bits of news instead of a mash. I'm still not a fan of how you have it running back and forth left to right. I know you obviously want the two columns, but I dont know if it works best in that format ya know?

newest----------second newest
    third--------------fourth
    fifth---------------sixth

Usually when reading two columns you have the news running down the first column to the bottom of the page like a newspaper, then you start back up at the top again.

Newest--------------fourth
    second---------------fifth
    third----------------sixth

I just honestly prefer one column main body, your eye is drawn to one thing at a time that way ...

I guess it's just what I'm used to, but its your page!! Don't go changing it all around on my account.
    Its a valid point. I can change it to one column .. and will to see if I like it. Do you like the design? That was the main change ... I found something I liked better, and tried it out real quick and liked what I saw .. so I continued to chnage things around to see how they look .. and I like it more and more.

I can change it back .. like 15 minutes of work will get the old site back, but after seeing this .. I dunno ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12