Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,093

1 members and 3,092 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Gtp Bit Me! Yaya! Duw!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Whatever
    Hey, I just wanted to stop the hear-say with some comparison photos, but if you're going to take it personally...

I am not sure what you are disputing Colin was correct in everything he said and there was nothing to correct him on.He said ETB teeth are larger than chrondro teeth and that chrondros have some of the largest teeth of any boids which is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Vestrand View Post
    yeah but GTP's have some of the largest fangs of all boids... i think that's what chuck was referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    ...Also, I think you are thinking about the emerald tree boa for the large teeth. Chondros' teeth aren't that big.
    I'm not saying that GTPs have tiny teeth, just that they aren't that big, and also that they don't really have fangs. ETBs do have big fangs, so I assumed that he was thinking of the ETB's teeth when he posted. I can't speak for Colin, so I could have been wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that GTPs' teeth aren't very big when compared to other boids.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

well comparing similar sized snakes like GTPs to BPs you can say they have pretty big teeth but obviously by comparing GTP's teeth to an AFROCK's, well the size difference alone...

Thanks

Well in your size comparison you glance over the fact that teeth size is measured by the average size and weight of the animal. So while a Retic has huge teeth in comparison to its giant size they are not as long in comparison to a Chondro for there size.

I said whatever because It was clear you are not going to let this go and if you need to feel like you are right then I was willing to let you feel like it. clearly you want to keep this discussion going so fine, I am over it.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Well in your size comparison you glance over the fact that teeth size is measured by the average size and weight of the animal. So while a Retic has huge teeth in comparison to its giant size they are not as long in comparison to a Chondro for there size.

I said whatever because It was clear you are not going to let this go and if you need to feel like you are right then I was willing to let you feel like it. clearly you want to keep this discussion going so fine, I am over it.

i agree, "fangs and teeth".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigballs View Post
    well comparing similar sized snakes like GTPs to BPs you can say they have pretty big teeth but obviously by comparing GTP's teeth to an AFROCK's, well the size difference alone...
    Are you saying you'd rather take a bite from a 6' afrock than a 6' chondo? Pound for pound, inch for inch or however you put it, afrocks and burms have larger teeth than chondros. Look at the pictures and imagine that the head sizes are the same. The afrock's teeth are way bigger. But being that chondros don't get that big, teeth on larger boids make chondro teeth look miniscule.

I think we are way off topic here, so that's all I have to say about it.

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigballs View Post
    i agree, "fangs and teeth".
    Sorry Bigballs I took out the part about fangs and teeth as I really only wanted to point out how the tooth size comparison was not an accurate comparison, sorry.

Thanks

Are you saying you'd rather take a bite from a 6' afrock than a 6' chondo? Pound for pound, inch for inch or however you put it, afrocks and burms have larger teeth than chondros. Look at the pictures and imagine that the head sizes are the same. The afrock's teeth are way bigger. But being that chondros don't get that big, teeth on larger boids make chondro teeth look miniscule.

I think we are way off topic here, so that's all I have to say about it.

You are still missing my whole point. I don't desire to get bitten by any of them if given a choice, but I didn't think we were discussing which Boid we would rather get bitten by.

Thanks

haha, yep... the funny thing is, i think we all agree... we just all have different ways of putting it.
    as far as fangs vs teeth. teeth is a general term, but fangs are any elongated teeth used for grasping or inpaling flesh... wish mammals it refers to the canine teeth, but with snakes... they're all fangs because they don't have teeth with different jobs (like molars for mashing, canines for grasping as in mammals).
    at least, that's how i look at it... just for the sake of discussion.
    Colin Vestrand

long time keeper and breeder of carpet pythons and other snakes...

Thanks

You are still missing my whole point.
    I guess I am.
    haha, yep... the funny thing is, i think we all agree... we just all have different ways of putting it.
    as far as fangs vs teeth. teeth is a general term, but fangs are any elongated teeth used for grasping or inpaling flesh... wish mammals it refers to the canine teeth, but with snakes... they're all fangs because they don't have teeth with different jobs (like molars for mashing, canines for grasping as in mammals).
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know that all snakes' sharp teeth are considered fangs. I thought fangs were only the larger teeth, where mammals' canine teeth are, and in venomous where the hollow teeth are.

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

Ya I don't disagree with that idea, but I think as it relates to snakes a physiological distinction is drawn as fangs are separated from teeth as fangs are associated with a delivery vehicle for venom.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast