Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,443

2 members and 3,441 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Gtp Bit Me! Yaya! Duw!

Let that little bugger get some size on and have a wack at your finger it might be a different story, big teeth. Atleast your fist bite is out of the way right.

Thanks

this is like my 10th snake bite. My friend has a really mean ball python.
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Thanks

Wow ! Wow ! WOW

There are so many things wrong with this I cant even begin to start. All I can say is, I hope my better half doesnt see this or you will get an ear full..

Getting bit is the least of your worries..

Thanks

opps so mad didnt even sign in..

Thanks

First I couldn’t be more disappointed in what I am seeing.
    There’s so many things wrong with this picture. The baby is still a neonate – which means your little baby shouldn’t even be moved or handled AT ALL!!!
    You wrote ‘I thought I would try it once. Just for fun. It swallowed it fine, No problems there. When I moved it, it didn't regurgitate, now the next day it hasn't regurgitated. I think its fine and it hasn't been an issue yet. I so far see 0 ill effect.’
    Are u kidding me??? The stress will show later and why would u EVEN take a chance!!!
    Your beautiful little baby is just THAT a little baby. Read a book …..READ A GTP BOOK!!!

Get Greg Maxwell’s book and read it. Knowledge is power and for the love of god take care of that beautiful little neonate.
    Feed her/him from his encloser or a nice tub... In a dark- dim room as it is intended to be.
    Treat your animal with love and respect not hanging from a chair – not in a bright room …

Your little baby should be hanging from her/his perch securely and ready for its food where it feels nice and warm and fuzzy happy and secure…

I hope no damage has been caused from you ‘trying it once – just for fun’

Really honestly read The More Complete Chondro.

click pic to see my reptiles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warocker's Wife View Post
    First I couldn’t be more disappointed in what I am seeing.
    There’s so many things wrong with this picture. The baby is still a neonate – which means your little baby shouldn’t even be moved or handled AT ALL!!!
    You wrote ‘I thought I would try it once. Just for fun. It swallowed it fine, No problems there. When I moved it, it didn't regurgitate, now the next day it hasn't regurgitated. I think its fine and it hasn't been an issue yet. I so far see 0 ill effect.’
    Are u kidding me??? The stress will show later and why would u EVEN take a chance!!!
    Your beautiful little baby is just THAT a little baby. Read a book …..READ A GTP BOOK!!!

Get Greg Maxwell’s book and read it. Knowledge is power and for the love of god take care of that beautiful little neonate.
    Feed her/him from his encloser or a nice tub... In a dark- dim room as it is intended to be.
    Treat your animal with love and respect not hanging from a chair – not in a bright room …

Your little baby should be hanging from her/his perch securely and ready for its food where it feels nice and warm and fuzzy happy and secure…

I hope no damage has been caused from you ‘trying it once – just for fun’

Really honestly read The More Complete Chondro.
    Totally agree! Python tricker i recommend Mr Maxwells book to you. As neo's these guys are very fragile and just about anything can stress them out. Im still learning my self so thats why im recommending this awesome book to you. Good luck.

Thanks

yeah but GTP's have some of the largest fangs of all boids... i think that's what chuck was referring to.

as for handling neonates... that's clearly not a neonate. i'm not going to get into it really, but i think some people are being a bit harsh here!
    Colin Vestrand

long time keeper and breeder of carpet pythons and other snakes...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Vestrand View Post
    yeah but GTP's have some of the largest fangs of all boids... i think that's what chuck was referring to.

as for handling neonates... that's clearly not a neonate. i'm not going to get into it really, but i think some people are being a bit harsh here!
    It's not fresh out of the egg, but it is a neonate, and shouldn't be handled at all for a good while, unless absolutely neccesary, which wasn't the case here. Young chondros are bery fragile. Also, I think you are thinking about the emerald tree boa for the large teeth. Chondros' teeth aren't that big.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

i'm definitely familiar with them... all i'm saying is that all this flack isn't necessarily warranted in my opinion.

actually, chondros (and really any arboreal) have large teeth. ETB's are of course larger (i believe the largest of all Boids), but i stand by my statement... adult GTP's have very large teeth. much larger than a ball. click this link for just one example...

http://www.univet.hu/mal/2004/gal/gal1.jpg
    Colin Vestrand

long time keeper and breeder of carpet pythons and other snakes...

Thanks

how can you say its clearly NOT a neonate?

it clearly is.
    it hasnt even started a color change.
    it doesnt have to be right out of the egg to be a neonate.

some people scare me...

and on top of allllllllllllll this nonsense, i hope pythontricker knows GTPs prolapse extreeeeeeemly easy.

and a GTP that small will get tail kinking, if it already doesnt have it, from handling at such a young age...

there are just soooo many things wrong with this picture...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast