Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,078

1 members and 3,077 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Minimum Number Of Posts Before Letting Someone Post In For Sale Section

I agree with Mike on this, to an extent. Although the number of post required maybe to high and may take a year for me to get close to 500, maybe that's what it takes to keep scammers away. Like Rick I also work 12+ hours a day sometimes 6 days a week. Whatever time I have left I spend taking care of my animals and spending as much time as I can with my son and wife.

This may work for many of the more active members out there but of course it would not work for everyone. Whatever decision that good folks here at BP.net makes I will support. After all there are many other venues to sell your animals if you need to. I come to this site for the great resources it offers and the valuable input of its members.
    Sam Leam
    Big Ball Collector

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    Because Mike, we don't force people to participate.

Thank you for actually considering my suggestions JO....

Not saying anyone should be forced to participate. There is a difference between that and requiring a minumum number of posts before being afforded the priviledge of using the for sale section.

Remember, it is a Priviledge!!!
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

don't focus so much on the number... focus on the concept. 100, 250, 500 whatever... anything is better then nothing.

There is nothing wrong with making people put in their time with the forum before letting them sell. Remember guys, this is not the normal site. We are a step above.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcavana View Post
    Thank you for actually considering my suggestions JO....
    When have the staff not considered a member's suggestions? We may not always implement them or implement them in an altered format but I think I can comfortably speak for the staff in saying that we do not just disregard members concerns without due consideration.

This is a very valid concern and it is being discussed by staff. It's far too early to say where that discussion will lead since this thread is just newly started.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Sorry Jo, that was a TYPO. what I meant to say was "thank you for considering my suggestions" big difference, I know.

Sorry, I am pretty upset... I almost did business with this thief. taking a break now. will be back later.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry Jo, that was a TYPO. what I meant to say was "thank you for considering my suggestions" big difference, I know.

Sorry, I am pretty upset... I almost did business with this thief. taking a break now. will be back later.
    That's why it's so important to vett a person you want to buy or trade with.

I doubt that I personally would do a trade with someone I don't know or someone that doesn't already have a stellar reputation when I vett them. Law wouldn't fit either of those criteria for me - not someone I know anything about and definitely never built a stellar reptuation with people endorsing him.

I feel that there IS some responsibility on me to make sure I cover myself. I don't generally make a purchase for my collection without a lot of time researching them, be it by the BOI or calling people I trust to ask if they have ever heard of or dealt with them.

Thanks

No problem, Mike.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firehop View Post
    There is a problem with this. Why should it be ok for a guy out of work who can spend all day on the computer to sell because he's always on here but those of us like myself who work 10-12 hours a day with 2 kids and a hundred plus animals and only post every once in a while could not? This would not really be a fair way to screen people would it.
    I agree with you. I do not think that I would be fair to the new people who are not scammers. IMO, I do not think that they should set a limit.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

As a newer member and a newer breeder as well I feel I have some good insight into this! The way I have planned my side business so far is to actually go ahead and meet people and talk to people on the phones and try to actually make some new friends along the way! I will hope to FINALLY produce some balls this year and I have been working on a site as well as getting to know members. I hope that when snakes are popping out of eggs people trust me enough to know I am a good guy and what you see is what you get! However I think in LAWreptiles case he just showed up and had snakes for sale and was active in the community. If we had something like a one month probationary period that would have at least made him use the site for a small period of time without income. Just my 2 cents.

-Cliff
    -Cliff-
    SulfurPythons.com -COMING SOON-

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's a thought, and I'm really not trying to be silly, but whatever your personal thresh-hold is for minimal post counts is, why not just choose NOT to respond to ads that don't have your personal minimal count?

If someone pops on here and only posts ads, and I don't know who they are - I'm not likely to do business with them.

Just a thought.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast