Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,380

0 members and 3,380 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Re: Minimum Number Of Posts Before Letting Someone Post In For Sale Section

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Also with your 500 posts limit this would mean reputable breeders/people (Albey (129 posts) , Ben Renick ( 439 posts), EBN (47 posts) , BHB (137 posts) ) from whom I would buy without hesitation would no longer be able to post an ad in our ad section since obviously they do not meet YOUR requirements and since when you make rules everyone has to abide by them no exception !
    What would be the harm in forcing these fantastic, reputable members from participating more in the forums before being able to sell? Think about that.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Agreed that the 500 post limit is too high. 5 posts would be sufficient......

There are people that only show up to this site to post classified ads.....that is unexceptable in my opinion...

.....or as a community we could completely wipe out the rep points of people who abuse our classified system......
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

.....here is a classified post from today.....first post and it is a classified ad...
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=75024
    -Daniel Hill

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcavana View Post
    EXCELLENT idea. To add to it, if you post in the for adoption section, and it is found out that your are actually selling something, and not giving it up for free, you are SEVERLY penalized. Either by being banned from the site or getting lots of "bad boy points"
    For me, that would be an easy one. If you ask for more than shipping costs - it's a sale!

I've rehomed snakes we've rescued. I wouldn't dream of this ridiculous concept of a "rehoming fee". All I've ever asked for is that the new owner cover the costs of shipping that snake to their address. Any costs Mike and I incur rehabbing a snake is something we knew we'd have to deal with when we took the animal in.

I don't buy the "re-homing fee makes sure you don't send the snake to a bad home" thing. If you aren't sure it's a good home, no fee in the world is going to guarantee that. Most of the time re-homing fees are just a way to get around a "no sales" rule or to recover costs that you should be absorbing yourself since you willingly took in a creature in need.

*off my soapbox now*
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

[QUOTE=daniel1983;876637]Agreed that the 500 post limit is too high. 5 posts would be sufficient......QUOTE]

How long does it take to make 5 posts? How long does it take to make 500 posts???

Like Daniel said, if they are a new bee trying to get rid of a snake they can't take care of... put it in the adoption section for free. You can do it as your very first post.

If you are a small time breeder, why would you have a problem with "putting in your time" with 500 posts to be allowed the
    PRIVILEDGE OF SELLING ON THIS FANTASIC SITE????

I think the minimum should be NO LESS then 500. If you don't have 500 yet, feel free to offer your animal up for adoption for FREE. Again, you can do that with your FIRST POST.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Mike, 500 posts is a lot. With our recent higher profile at Daytona and on Reptile Radio we are going to attract a lot of newcomers that won't make that number for a very long time. Some of them might be scammers, some of them though are exactly the kind of breeders and hobbyists that this site needs as it grows up.

There may be a compromise to find in any number and that's something the staff I'm sure will be discussing at length.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983 View Post
    .....here is a classified post from today.....first post and it is a classified ad...
    Geesh Daniel, I've never agreed with you this many times - mark it on a calendar somebody LOL.

I don't care for the join and post an ad then leave type either. We are a community, not a for sale classifieds site. We only offer this service as a part of this community. I don't care for those that simply use one part and don't give back to the community in another area.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

How long does it take to make 5 posts? How long does it take to make 500 posts???
    If the question is 'how long', why not put the limit on membership time instead of post number?
    -Daniel Hill

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983 View Post
    Exactly. This is totally preventable folks. WITHOUT hurting the folks trying to get rid of snakes they can't take care of.

Rehoming fee??? NO. Absolutely NO rehoming fee in adoption section. ONLY fee allowed is shipping. A simple sticky will educate people on what is normal for shipping fees.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcavana View Post
    What would be the harm in forcing these fantastic, reputable members from participating more in the forums before being able to sell? Think about that.
    Because Mike, we don't force people to participate. All that will get you is people typing "ditto" in threads giving advice just to shove up their post count. Also do you want to call someone like Brian at BHB or Kevin at NERD or whoever and tell them that they just aren't chatty enough to get to sell a snake on this forum? I sure as heck don't.

Anyways, as I posted earlier I think this is a fantastic thread that will get the staff and membership talking about an important aspect of how this site operates. If this current mess with LAWReptiles brought this on, well at least that scammer left one darn good thing behind in his icky wake.
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast