Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,476

2 members and 2,474 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Thread: Urination?

Thanks

Urination?

How often should a bp urinate. I have one that seems to be going a lot here lately. About every 2 to 3 days.

My humidity had been way too high due to an inaccurate hygrometer, but that's been replaced with an acurite. This was done about 2 weeks ago. The ambient humidity has been a little high here lately also from the Gustav storms. Right now, the tub humidity is sitting at 65%.

But my other bps aren't urinating as much as this one, but they're about a year younger.

Is this normal?
    Too many snakes to be declared "sane" as far as my friends are concerned....

Thanks

Re: Urination?

That is fairly frequent. Typically a BP will expel urates once every 1 to 3 weeks. Are there any other signs or symptoms of problems? Is he/she eating normally? Are their behavioral differences since he/she started urinating frequently?

If it is a major concern for you, the best thing you could do is see a vet. Nobody here is going to be able to diagnose a problem, so if YOU feel this is abnormal enough to see a vet, than you should.
    Justin Hall

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is it possible that the little stinker is spilling or sloshing water from their dish?
    -- Judy

Thanks

Nope it's definitely urine, with urates. I might have exaggerated on the frequency. Sometimes it's twice in 2 days, then it'll be about 5 days later and it'll happen again. I haven't noticed any behavioral changes, sleeps all day, moves around at night. Still eating every week. This hasn't been going on for more than 4 weeks. She still seems to be healthy, and all the temps and humidity is set now. I'll give it another couple weeks and if this continues, I'll make a trip to the vet. Thanks.
    Too many snakes to be declared "sane" as far as my friends are concerned....

Thanks

In humans frequent urination often means diabetes...can snakes get this condition?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhall1468 View Post
    That is fairly frequent. Typically a BP will expel urates once every 1 to 3 weeks.
    By urates do you mean the white solids or liquids?

My bp just went on a three day pee marathon that had me changing paper nightly - some solids, but mostly liquid. I was mildly concerned but she does drink quite frequently. (Unless that could be another symptom maybe) She eats like a champ every seven days. I try to keep 50-60% humidity.

I guess you could say she was a rescue and wasn't receiving the best of care so I'm hoping maybe her system is just readjusting itself. Still if it's a far cry from 1 to 3 weeks.

Still, kid, mine whizzes a lot too. Not sure if that's normal but you're not alone. I'd be interested to hear if you find something wrong that I may wish to check. (If anything is indeed wrong in the first place)