Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,414

5 members and 3,409 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: What lab blocks are the best?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mazuri formulas

28 50.00%
  • Harlan Teklad formulas

18 32.14%
  • other

10 17.86%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Whats the best Lab Blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by dracovolans View Post
    Any feedbacks about Zeigler RQ-18-6?

I'm using Mazuri 6F right now but I'm thinking to change.
    Quickly looking over the product label, it sounds like a very good feed. How about trying it out and giving the rest of us a review?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Quickly looking over the product label, it sounds like a very good feed. How about trying it out and giving the rest of us a review?
    Will do!!!!

Thanks

If you go to petfooddirect dot com you can order this:

Native Earth 18% Protein 4018 Rodent Diet 40-lbs (formerly Harlan)

(Attention Customers: This product is the same formulation as Harlan Teklad Global 18% Protein Rodent Diet and is produced by Harlan Teklad)

Native Earth 18% Protein Rodent Diet is a natural-ingredient pelleted diet specifically formulated to provide the proper balance of all known nutrients considered essential for the growth, maintenance, and reproduction of rats, mice, gerbils and hamsters. 4018 is a fixed formula diet containing 18% protein and 5% fat. Promotes gestation, lactation, and consistent growth of rodents. Absence of animal protein and fish meal eliminates the presence of nitrosamines. Does not contain alfalfa, thus lowering the occurrence of natural phytoestrogens.

For additional volume discounts please call our toll free customer service line at 1-800-865-1333. Don't forget to order your bedding needs today!

It costs less than $14 for a 40 lb. bag, but you have to add shipping, which is high. I've also ordered harland teklad from kim's ark rodent rescue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IguanaMama View Post
    If you go to petfooddirect dot com you can order this:

Native Earth 18% Protein 4018 Rodent Diet 40-lbs (formerly Harlan)

(Attention Customers: This product is the same formulation as Harlan Teklad Global 18% Protein Rodent Diet and is produced by Harlan Teklad)

Native Earth 18% Protein Rodent Diet is a natural-ingredient pelleted diet specifically formulated to provide the proper balance of all known nutrients considered essential for the growth, maintenance, and reproduction of rats, mice, gerbils and hamsters. 4018 is a fixed formula diet containing 18% protein and 5% fat. Promotes gestation, lactation, and consistent growth of rodents. Absence of animal protein and fish meal eliminates the presence of nitrosamines. Does not contain alfalfa, thus lowering the occurrence of natural phytoestrogens.

For additional volume discounts please call our toll free customer service line at 1-800-865-1333. Don't forget to order your bedding needs today!

It costs less than $14 for a 40 lb. bag, but you have to add shipping, which is high. I've also ordered harland teklad from kim's ark rodent rescue.

Ah see, that's why I hate to purchase online. The shipping costs more than the food! LOL

I also know that coldbloods.com sells harlan.... flat rate shipping.

I just can't afford to buy online. I'm still all about getting a group going that can meet Harlan's demands of $1000 minimum and a shipping dock.

Thanks

I've been using the regular Mazuri rodent diet for my rats and my mice and they've all been thriving on it! I've got an order in for some of the 6F from the local blue seal feeds that should be coming in soon. I'd probably try the Harlan since that's what Kara at NERD (who I got my rats from) feeds her huge colony of rats but I can't get it from anywhere around here as far as I know and I'm certainly not going to order $1000 worth of it! However, with the Mazuri I've noticed that their urine and feces do not smell hardly at all (I also use a mix of woody pet and aspen which helps) compared with the Kaytee lab block I was feeding before I found a place to get Mazuri locally. IDK I guess it just comes down to availability and personal preference to a degree. I know my rats are healthy and breeding well on Mazuri so I'm gonna stick with it!
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

If anyone's in my area, and has interest in the Harlan, I got the loading dock part covered.
    `*`

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    If anyone's in my area, and has interest in the Harlan, I got the loading dock part covered.
    How's about you move that shipping dock and yourself up here to Michigan? Ya, you know you want to!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 971 Posts

I like Zeigler the best...

Registered User RambunctiousRatzSFL's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been reading over the various posts because I too am finding it harder & harder to find the lab block I prefer & at a price that is economical. I'd like to get some feedback on this product that a local business carries.

Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein Not less than 18%
    Crude Fat Not less than 6%
    Crude Fiber Not more than 5%

Ingredients

Wheat Middlings, Ground Whole Corn, Hominy Feed, Menhaden Fish Meal, Flash Dried Blood Meal, Procine Meat & Bone Meal, Poultry Meal, Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, DL Methionine, L-Lysine, Defluorinated Phosphate, and Ethoxyquin (a preservative), Soybean Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Feeding Fat, Calcium Carbonate, Diamond V XPC Yeast, Mono Calcium Phosphate and Di Calcium Phosphate, Salt (Sodium Chloride) Fungex, Vitamin & Mineral Premix, Manganese Oxide, Iron Sulfate, VITAMIN A 650, VITAMIN D 400, VITAMIN E 50, Maganese Oxide, Yucca.

Thanks

I doubt we could be in on the Harlan scheme anytime soon, but hopefully after we get a house we can get in the group to raise the order up.
    -Austin
    0.8 Normal 1.0 Pastel 0.0.1 Spider
    1.1 Het Kahl BCI-08's-FS/T
    1.0 Hypo Citrus Beardie (Citrón)
    0.1 Citrus Beardie (Tang)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair Tarantula (Rose)
    0.1 Himalayan Cat (Meredith)
    0.2 Persian Cats (Madison and Myrtle)
    1.0 Shih-Tzu (Gizmo) 0.1 Lhasa-Apso (Lana)
    Rats, ASF's, Turks & Dubias.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast