I just bought my first ball python and i have some questions.

1) The python is about to shed and has blue eyes. a, I've noticed it doesnt seem to be thermoregulating and has been in the same hide for 3 days do they sometimes do this when about to shed or in a new enclosure or shoudl i look at my temperatures? b, i used to have a scorpion and i know they can get stuck during a molt. can and does this happen with ball pythons and if so when should i be worried?

2) Probably a dumb question but, can they tie them selves in knots? i doubt it but i've seen min in some intreasting coiled positions

3) Whats the typical vet schedual my ball python should be on? regulair check ups or when i suspect a problem?

4) is "popping" a snake a good idea if you havent done it before to find out its sex, what are the risks?

5) Do they need night and day cycles or should I trade in my day bulb for another night bulb and rely on ambient light in my room.

6) I've noticed that the python hasn't been sticking its tongue out since we left the pet shop, I checked at the pet shop for this and it seemed to tongue flick alot should i be worried or could this be because of the impending shed/ne wenvironment syndrome.

7) The python is about 13 inches, when its done sheeding i plan on starting it on its eating shedual. i've heard feed the young ones twice a week and also once a week, which is it?

8) I did try to handle the snake when i got it on my own to put it in the new enclosure and i noticed it tucked its head meaning it was scared, is this typical all the time for handleing or is it a sign i should probably back off? the snake seemed fine when i handled it at the store but i'm not handling it until its doen shedding.

that is all for now i'm sure i'll have more questions as time goes on