Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,222

1 members and 3,221 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: First feeding

Thanks

First feeding

So we're feeding our snakes tonight. The baby corn and the ball... we set the fuzzie on the balls log and it striked at it once, but now its just hovering over it. Does this usually take some time?
    Jordan
    "Don't be afraid of a reptile's tongue; the only animal that can hurt you with it's tongue is a human being."

My Snakes....0.0.1 Mexican Black King, named Lilith ~ 0.0.1 Royal Python, named Zuli

Wish List....Snow Corn~Vietnamese Blue Beauty~Lavender King~Sunbeam~Brown Water Python

Thanks

Re: First feeding

Is it okay to refreeze the thawed out food? I'd guess no, but my bf thinks it'll be okay.
    Jordan
    "Don't be afraid of a reptile's tongue; the only animal that can hurt you with it's tongue is a human being."

My Snakes....0.0.1 Mexican Black King, named Lilith ~ 0.0.1 Royal Python, named Zuli

Wish List....Snow Corn~Vietnamese Blue Beauty~Lavender King~Sunbeam~Brown Water Python

Thanks

I dont refreeze, it can turn into a mess... Have you tried grabbing the mouse with tongs and doing the zombie dance? Movement can stimulate the snake to strike... If it struck it once its obviously somwhat interested... Also if it wont eat it then you can leave the mouse there over night.... Somtimes it will be gone in the morning.... Did you try to warm the mouse also? A hair dryer works good for this...

Thanks

We did the "zombie dance" for a little while, and got another strike out of him, but he just stared at it. He has since knocked it off his log and he has been laying there for about an hour. Somehow I knew the first feeding session wasn't going to happen. >_>
    Jordan

Thanks

AND my corn didn't eat either. Which is weird for corn snakes, no? I read all over the place that they're ferocious eaters, in comparison to balls. I'm going to leave their food in their tanks over night... if they're still there in the morning its to the garbage with them and I guess I'll just wait another week before I try again.
    Jordan