Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,295

1 members and 3,294 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Guess I should reintroduce myself!

Well guys, I know I used to hit the forums hard all day and night, but since February I've barely managed to post. However, life has finally turned a couple corners in the right direction and have more and more free time to do as I please. Which means more down time back at the greatest forum on the Web with some of the coolest people out there.

For those wondering why I was gone? Simple. I was pushing myself too hard to accomplish other peoples dreams for me. That included Vet school among a long list of them. However, I never really wanted any of it, and over the summer I started taking business classes just out of need for more hours. Well, I fell in love with small business management and business law/ethics. Sadly all those long hours at PetCo to pay off A&M for a biomedical science degree is mostly of little use now since business school needs only so many science classes, I chalk it up to a learning experience. Which works, because even though that pushes back my graduation date by a fair bit, I am in debt to no man and finally feel like I'm working towards MY future. So, even though I still got to pay the bills and take the classes, I have managed to remove a bunch of burdens on my time and energy and can now focus on MY interests. So... I'm smiling now!!!

Thanks

Re: Guess I should reintroduce myself!

Rock on wit cho bad self Ben.

Glad to hear thangs is goin well!!!

Thanks

Glad things are looking up Ben, good to hear from ya!
    Mike

Thanks

Welcome back Ben!!! So are you still at A&M? My college plans are taking me there when I graduate, looking forward to it!

Thanks

Yea, I'm still at A&M for the moment, I'm awaiting to hear as to whether I'll be able to transfer to the business school here before looking elsewhere. I have pretty decent grades, but mays is not so simplt to transfer into.

Thanks

btw patty... my lifelong passion has made a dramatic re-emergence recently in an interesting way. I have always been a good drawer, in fact, back in HS I made top 50 in the texas visual arts scholastic event for my age group. However I havn't been able to draw for some time now as I have been WAY to busy to find time, or to clear my head long enough to do so. But the other day one of my friends was looking at getting a certain tattoo when I proceeded to tell him I could design him something along the same lines, but WAY cooler. Needless to say 45 minutes after I found a sharpie and managed to convice him I wasn't going to draw obcene things on him... he was showin off himself to his tattoo artist who is now training me how to use a tattoo machine so I can make my friends sketch permanent one day. Guess I'll have to actually get a tattoo before I tattoo someone else though... lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman View Post
    btw patty... my lifelong passion has made a dramatic re-emergence recently in an interesting way. I have always been a good drawer, in fact, back in HS I made top 50 in the texas visual arts scholastic event for my age group. However I havn't been able to draw for some time now as I have been WAY to busy to find time, or to clear my head long enough to do so. But the other day one of my friends was looking at getting a certain tattoo when I proceeded to tell him I could design him something along the same lines, but WAY cooler. Needless to say 45 minutes after I found a sharpie and managed to convice him I wasn't going to draw obcene things on him... he was showin off himself to his tattoo artist who is now training me how to use a tattoo machine so I can make my friends sketch permanent one day. Guess I'll have to actually get a tattoo before I tattoo someone else though... lol
    Dude there you go!!! Start on your legs LOL

Thanks

Good to see you again, Ben. And Good for you!! Sometimes people never figure that out. Took me over 19 years... and changing your entire 'future' is not easy. Good luck with the new major!
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Welcome back Ben.

I am glad to hear that you are happy. When it comes down to it, you have to make sure that you are happy with where you are. Otherwise it will make you miserable. You sound like you have found something you really enjoy, and thats what matters.

Kudos!

Now, how about that rescue dog? You still have her?
    Kristina Rogers
    http://www.myspace.com/kristinarogers
    1.0 Ball Python
    1.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    0.1 Beardie (Pop Tart)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Argentra View Post
    Good to see you again, Ben. And Good for you!! Sometimes people never figure that out. Took me over 19 years... and changing your entire 'future' is not easy. Good luck with the new major!
    THANKS! In retrospect I wish I figured this out sooner, it would have saved me a ton of money (even more than switching to geico ), but then again... Better now than 10 years from now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast