Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,292

3 members and 3,289 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

View Poll Results: how much do you handle your ball python?

Voters
638. You may not vote on this poll
  • daily

242 37.93%
  • couple times a week

295 46.24%
  • once a week

79 12.38%
  • more than a weeks time

22 3.45%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: how many times do you handle your snake?

I handle my bp once a week, usually when I change the substrate on the tub, and only for 15-20 minutes. To my mind, handling is for my own pleasure, not for the snake's, that is why I only take it out as little as possible. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps they really enjoy being handled and my bp is just dying for me to take it out, but I doubt it . My bp is always very relaxed, only goes out at night and eats like a champ, so I guess he's "happy" this way.

Just my two cents!
    I'm Nat!

Thanks

i know this is off topic. but did anyone here have a problem with switching their snake to f/t? i am about to switch mine. she is about 3 months old. eats within about ten seconds everytime i put live in. but if anyone has advice to make it easier, could you message me thanks
    REPTIMAN(T+G+K)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reptiman93 View Post
    i know this is off topic. but did anyone here have a problem with switching their snake to f/t? i am about to switch mine. she is about 3 months old. eats within about ten seconds everytime i put live in. but if anyone has advice to make it easier, could you message me thanks
    Your hijacking this thread. If you have a question I suggest starting your own topic. This doesn't even have the slightest thing to do with this thread.

That post is virtually spam.

Thanks

ok/ its my thread dude. so i hijacked my own thread.... ya know people could just be nice and answer a question. who cares if its off topic
    REPTIMAN(T+G+K)

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reptiman93 For This Useful Post:

Anaconda6769 (09-07-2009),dc4teg (07-02-2009),FaulerHund (10-02-2016),Pip (07-15-2010),RockyTop (02-04-2010),steveboos (12-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrystal22 View Post
    Uh, what?
    Alcohol is a depressant. It doesn't speed anything up. It shuts down your brain.
    What does this have to do with anything? Please don't post off-topic things.
    nuff said...
    Too many snakes to be declared "sane" as far as my friends are concerned....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reptiman93 View Post
    ok/ its my thread dude. so i hijacked my own thread.... ya know people could just be nice and answer a question. who cares if its off topic
    First of all I'm not a 'dude'.
    It doesn't matter if it's your thread or not, the point is organization.
    If you have a question about f/t post a topic in a completely different section.

I wasn't being mean when I asked you to post a new topic, I was simply stating a fact. Your not going to get answers because that's not the question people expect to see when they come to this topic, so you would get a lot more conversation as well as answers in a new topic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmcclurelssu View Post
    i would definantly agree with that. when my guy is happily slithering around, i notice that he always eventually tries to go back in his tank or another hiding spot. he's not necessarily stressed, but he dosn't mind the activity.

as a side note, make sure you are watching them at all times, because while i was typing this, my bp thought he was an arboreal snake and climbed from my shoulders to the top of my computer chair, and fell off the chair while he was making his way down
    My snake always slithers around looking for a hiding spot, but never wants to go back in his tank.
    Quite often my snake climbs things and almost falls down, including my legs, my family's legs, chair legs, anything with legs, and he also tried to climb a tree covered in ants, but i stopped him before things got nasty.

Thanks

I try to handle every night except 48 hours after feeding. I posted a thread like several months ago. I cant say he dislikes it and finds unenjoyable, because he neve wants to go back in his cage. Granted, I wouldn't like solitary confinement either, but still.
    My

Thanks

we hadle ours almost daily unless they just ate or are in shed. i feel that it keeps them from being aggressive.

Thanks

I handle mine for 10-20 minutes on a daily basis (except for when in shed and a day or two after feeding). After moving Ruth to a tub she seems to be a bit more calm during handling and really just wraps around my hand and flicks her tongue around for awhile, as opposed to slithering all over the place like she used to (could also just be her growing used to handling as well).

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast