Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,073

1 members and 3,072 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,112
Threads: 248,552
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NxtGenExotics
    Thanks

is there any relation to a BP's waste and their sex?

ok here is my question i have been noticing with my BP's since i have my male and my female in separate tanks that the female her poo always is resemblant of a birds poo meaning it has the white stuff and the brown poo and my male his always looks just like a normal lump of poo, my friends who also have a male and female BP but keep them house together always have 2 distinctive kinds of poo as mentioned before and they also have 2 beardies of opposite sex having the same outcome with their poo now my question is since BP's are an egg laying species is it possible that females poo like this because of that? and if so would this be an accurate way of possible sexing a BP or even a beardie for that matter since they are egg layers for a novice?
    sorry for the possibly incredibly nubbish and stupid sounding question but i tend to be observant with the most off the wall odd things and this has been driving me mental i just would like a more "professional" opinion on the matter.

Athen
    my home page is
    http://www.vivariumforum.com/community/
    0.0.1 Sceloporus serrifer 0.0.1 Red x Orange baby Pogona vitticeps 0.0.1 Physignathus cocincinus 0.0.1 Lampropeltis getula splendida 1.1.0 Python regius 1.1.0 cat 1.0.0 Boxer 0.1.0 mouse 0.1.0 mini lop eared bunny 0.1.0 teddy bear hamster 0.0.5 brand new baby mice!

Thanks

Re: is there any relation to a BP's waste and their sex?

The white stuff is a urate and isn't related to their feces. It's another form of their urination process and both genders pass urates. Basically they both pass three things through their vent - liquid urine, solid urates and solid feces. Urates very simply are the byproducts of their ability to recycle their own urine prior to it passing from the vent in a liquid form. They can absorb more liquids that way and just pass the leftover urate out. It's a handy thing if you're a snake that has to live through a drought and all the liquid you can get might be from your live prey item.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: is there any relation to a BP's waste and their sex?

ok that makes alot of sense i kinda figured that it couldnt be what i was thinking origionally because it would be somewhat stupid for noone to have realized it prior to now lol but i was still curious thank you very much for you help
    my home page is
    http://www.vivariumforum.com/community/
    0.0.1 Sceloporus serrifer 0.0.1 Red x Orange baby Pogona vitticeps 0.0.1 Physignathus cocincinus 0.0.1 Lampropeltis getula splendida 1.1.0 Python regius 1.1.0 cat 1.0.0 Boxer 0.1.0 mouse 0.1.0 mini lop eared bunny 0.1.0 teddy bear hamster 0.0.5 brand new baby mice!