Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,051

0 members and 3,051 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,567
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Any suggestions?

So a couple weeks ago my big pair of horns came loose from the wall and fell right on my back when I was walking past them. The half that hit me completely broke off and I don't know what to do about it. They HUGE horns, and all the horns I've seen at antique stores are like half the size, half the quality, and cost around $200 so I know I can't afford ones this large that are in good shape, and I can't find any like these. Someone gave these to my stepdad and they were just hanging out in the garage for a while so I took them.

Does anyone know if this is even fixable? Would I be able to do something about it myself or I would I have to bring them to someone who works on setting these things? Part of the horn broke off under the leather its set in so its still barely hanging on.

Thanks

Re: Any suggestions?

Oh no... I feel nerd power... crawling out... to cite the Lord of the Rings... >.<

must r e s i s t...

Thanks

Anywho, the only thing that comes to mind... is to either cut both sides down equally and reset it, or to super glue, or jb weld it back together? Sry, Im no help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Anywho, the only thing that comes to mind... is to either cut both sides down equally and reset it, or to super glue, or jb weld it back together? Sry, Im no help.
    Hah its fine! I have a fish I got from an antique store and the fin was kind of ripped halfway off and I hot glued it back in place when I got home I don't know what I'm doing but I can usually make things look decent. I just don't know if any type of glue would hold the weight, the horns are set upwards and they are very heavy, which is the only reason I haven't tried gluing it already.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edie View Post
    Hah its fine! I have a fish I got from an antique store and the fin was kind of ripped halfway off and I hot glued it back in place when I got home I don't know what I'm doing but I can usually make things look decent. I just don't know if any type of glue would hold the weight, the horns are set upwards and they are very heavy, which is the only reason I haven't tried gluing it already.
    Lol, on first read, I though you were talking about a real fish. I was wondering why an antique store would sell a live fish. Lol.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

JB weld has a tensile strength of close to 2 tons if I remember right. I'm thinking that should be able to hold the horn up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m00kfu View Post
    JB weld has a tensile strength of close to 2 tons if I remember right. I'm thinking that should be able to hold the horn up.
    I'll have to look that up, I've never heard of it before. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wh00h0069 View Post
    Lol, on first read, I though you were talking about a real fish. I was wondering why an antique store would sell a live fish. Lol.
    Hahah no, I would image it would be tricky to hot glue a live fishes fin back on too!

Everyone makes fun of me for him, but he makes my room look more like an old biology class room so I like having him around. I don't eat any meat or fish so I can have one dead fish, right?

Hes a little gimp, that one fin is like broken off and hes really dusty right now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edie View Post
    Hahah no, I would image it would be tricky to hot glue a live fishes fin back on too!

Everyone makes fun of me for him, but he makes my room look more like an old biology class room so I like having him around. I don't eat any meat or fish so I can have one dead fish, right?

Hes a little gimp, that one fin is like broken off and hes really dusty right now.
    Hey me neither! Woot to vegetarians!
    Anyway, try that heavy duty glue stuff. Liquid cement glue would probably do some wonders too.
    It's a darn shame if you can't fix it up. :[

Thanks

i think something like epoxy or jb weld will hold it. then you can probably use plaster or something to smooth it out. if you know someone who does airbrushing then they could paint the plaster repair job to match with ease.
    those are my thoughts. good luck!
    Colin Vestrand

long time keeper and breeder of carpet pythons and other snakes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast