Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,216

0 members and 3,216 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: lookng to buy baby snakes

Moving right along here... what's your setup like for your new blood python? Any pics? Specific questions for blood keepers?
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

I was thinking that since your house sounds a bit off-kilter, have you looked into getting a reptile cage? RBI has some good ones and Rich is an excellent person who will help you to get everything you might need for the environment. His website is: www.reptilebasics.com. He's got the cages, thermostats, temp guns, flex watt or RHP's for heat and tons more!

I have several of his cages and several of his rack systems and they are really top notch products Maybe this might help protect the snake from escape opportunities and also help you to keep your husbandry perfect for the new blood.

I'm just trying to be helpful for you

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Do you still have all these animals (besides the escaped BP?)
    I would be curious to know the answer too. The op apparently had quite a few snakes, where are they now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    0.0.1 Ball Python, 4.2 Canines, 1.0 Feline, 2.0 Pet Rats

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rep_girl452 View Post
    that is what i want. I dont want to here about what the hell i did with mt tank and me bp. and there is no real level spot in my house that foundation in is screwed up sooooo bad.
    I'm sorry, this is sticking out like a sore thumb.

How did the crookedness of the house prevent a secure enclosure? Were you using a tank? If so, cage clips would hold that screen top in place whether or not it was crooked or on a house boat in the middle of a storm.

Also, just HOW crooked is this house that you couldn't prop the cage up to make it level on a table? You see, I view your "crooked house" as an excuse for a mistake that probably had nothing to do with the crookedness of the enclosure.

Maybe you had a brick on the top, and the slant of your house prevented it from stopping your bp, or perhaps you just don't want to admit you screwed up somewhere and forgot to lock it, and rather think that the crooked house is a more valid excuse.

Most enclosure don't depend on being level to be secure. Get where I'm going with this?

If that's the case, I don't think you need to lie to anyone here. There are posts made every week about lost BP's and snakes. Your not alone, MANY people have lost their snakes because of forgetfullness, a loose screen top, or sometimes people don't even know HOW the animal got out. But they are honest, and they receive loads of help, with many people finding their animals within days.

So yes, I may be beating the dead horse, but I don't buy the excuse of a crooked house. It makes no sense to me at all, I can't possibly imagine how it could affect the security of the enclosure, if the enclosure was properly secured in the first place.

So, off my soap box.

What are you housing the blood in? (tank, tub, reptile cage?)
    Is it completely secure? How did you secure it?
    What's the temps, humidity?
    How are you heating it etc...

I don't want to hear a sad story a few months from now, so please, I would like to understand whats actually going on, so that we may better help you to offer the best for your new snake.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rep_girl452 View Post
    so its my fault that my house if 104 years old and that its not standing straight and the place i put the cage was cricked before i did that? yeah you guys are real awesome help.
    Actually - it is.

If you knew your house was crooked and that you couldn't safely contain a snake in an enclosure, then you shouldn't have purchased the snake. After all, you have had years of experience with multiple snakes in this crooked house, so perhaps it would have been best to just say no.

Since the house is STILL crooked, how to you intend to prevent the crookedness from allowing the blood to escape? How do you even walk in this severely crooked house without falling down all the time? It has to be super crooked to be the blame for escaped snakes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    How do you even walk in this severely crooked house without falling down all the time?
    LOL, now that was funny.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    I'm sorry, this is sticking out like a sore thumb.

How did the crookedness of the house prevent a secure enclosure? Were you using a tank? If so, cage clips would hold that screen top in place whether or not it was crooked or on a house boat in the middle of a storm.

Also, just HOW crooked is this house that you couldn't prop the cage up to make it level on a table? You see, I view your "crooked house" as an excuse for a mistake that probably had nothing to do with the crookedness of the enclosure.

Maybe you had a brick on the top, and the slant of your house prevented it from stopping your bp, or perhaps you just don't want to admit you screwed up somewhere and forgot to lock it, and rather think that the crooked house is a more valid excuse.

Most enclosure don't depend on being level to be secure. Get where I'm going with this?

If that's the case, I don't think you need to lie to anyone here. There are posts made every week about lost BP's and snakes. Your not alone, MANY people have lost their snakes because of forgetfullness, a loose screen top, or sometimes people don't even know HOW the animal got out. But they are honest, and they receive loads of help, with many people finding their animals within days.

So yes, I may be beating the dead horse, but I don't buy the excuse of a crooked house. It makes no sense to me at all, I can't possibly imagine how it could affect the security of the enclosure, if the enclosure was properly secured in the first place.

So, off my soap box.

What are you housing the blood in? (tank, tub, reptile cage?)
    Is it completely secure? How did you secure it?
    What's the temps, humidity?
    How are you heating it etc...

I don't want to hear a sad story a few months from now, so please, I would like to understand whats actually going on, so that we may better help you to offer the best for your new snake.
    Wow wasn't this one of my first questions that wasn't answered? Hm.
    Everything Connie has asked her is wonderful information and she has spoken for my mind. Amen to that.

Thanks

Hey Connie!~ You spoke my mind but I thought it might be best to let the dead horse lie and move right along with assisting in a set-up for the blood that would be virtually fool proof; except for user error. So, I mentioned a proper reptile cage and accessories and hope that the OP takes a look at RBI's fine products

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starmom View Post
    Hey Connie!~ You spoke my mind but I thought it might be best to let the dead horse lie and move right along with assisting in a set-up for the blood that would be virtually fool proof; except for user error. So, I mentioned a proper reptile cage and accessories and hope that the OP takes a look at RBI's fine products
    I'm picking up what your laying down McKinsey. Chris as my witness, I have a strong drive to know all the facts, exactly as they happened. And if something doesn't make any sense, I have to call it out until I get an explanation that does.

Thanks

I'm hearing ya, Connie. Sometimes, though, that disclosure never comes...

~~McKinsey~~

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast