Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,082

2 members and 3,080 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Now why would you eat that first?

You guys just bring out the drama in my snake life. Last night was feeding time for little dude, and a bit of an "uh-oh" occurred. Lately LD has been a little odd as he keeps trying to eat his dinner butt-first. So I have been making sure to heat up the head well, and put the rat in head toward him - but once again, that didn't matter.

I let him have some privacy during dinner, and when I came back - he had managed to swallow the tail (a very fat and large tail) and was desperately trying to eat a fairly large rat backwards. It was just not going to work. After about 15 minutes (which is VERY long for him) he tried to pull the tail out of his mouth.

It was sad to watch and it kept catching his teeth - I couldn't bare it. So I whipped out the safety scissors - waited for the perfect opportunity, and snip, no more tail. The whole ordeal took about 30 minutes, but in the end I hope he learned a lesson....

This is the 4th time he has tried desperately to eat his dinner backwards, even with careful heating....silly silly snake.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python- Little Dude
    0.0.1 Albino Kingsnake - Weiner
    Missi

Thanks

Re: Now why would you eat that first?

One of my pythons will only eat tail first.

He constricts, kills and then lets it go. Then he will circle around it, sniffing. Then he finds the very tip of the tail and goes from there.