Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,167

0 members and 3,167 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99

Thread: i need help!!

Thanks

Exclamation i need help!!

all of my snakes have mites. i just noticed today when i checked them yesterday they didnot have them and today when i was watering them all of them had mites and there were mites in the water for all of them. i need to know if beardies sulcata tortoises and geckos can get mites and of so can i treat them all the same. also can my ASF's get mites as well. also any tips you can give me are greatly appreciated.

im so worried.
    1.0 husband 2.0 children * 1.1 doggies * 1.1 kitties * 0.1 dumerils boa * 1.0 argentine boa * 1.1 normal ball pythons * 1.0 normal kenyan boa * 0.1 anery kenyan boas * 1.0 tokay gecko * 1.0 russian tortoise * 1.0 beardie *

Thanks

Re: i need help!!

Wow, that sucks!! Did you change the bedding recently? And I've never heard of BD's or turtle/tortises getting them, but I dont know. But good luck with them all- and I hope that your other herps dont get them as well!!
    Jessika

0.1 NERD Coral Glow
    1.0 Harliquin Great Dane, Gambit
    0.2 Cats, Mojo-Jojo and Rebel
    A hubby that isn't a fan of reptiles but is learning to love them, and a baby girl named Eve 😊❤

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the mite outbreak. I don't know if the little poopy head bugs like to munch on your other critters, but I can certainly recommend using Provent-a-Mite for your snakes, following the directions on the can.
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

so after cleaning everything out spraying papertowels with provent-a-mite and spraying antimite safe-for-reptiles spray on all of them i found out that tortoises and beardies can get mites. tortoises get huge ones. hopefully they will go away soon. my kenyan sand boas are pissed they cant burrow though. they'll get over it soon i hope.

thanks for the help.

also what is the deal with the 'pam' trick for future reference.
    1.0 husband 2.0 children * 1.1 doggies * 1.1 kitties * 0.1 dumerils boa * 1.0 argentine boa * 1.1 normal ball pythons * 1.0 normal kenyan boa * 0.1 anery kenyan boas * 1.0 tokay gecko * 1.0 russian tortoise * 1.0 beardie *

Thanks

PAM is just how most people abbreviate Provent-A-Mite. We're not suggesting spraying cooking spray on your snake or in the enclosure...

Thanks

wow now i feel dumb. ha ha PAM i get it.

today has been the worst day ever. to top everything off (ie the mite infestation of 08) my roommates car got broken into in our driveway, and got totally trashed and alot of stuff got stolen including his chemical weapon defense gear(were all in the military). then my boyfriends baby momma is being a bad mother more so than usual and then two of my fish died my cat ripped up the remainder of the new paper towel substrate. and i think me and the ol' man have premetherin poisoning. we are both sick.

karma has not been kind to us today.

anyway (sorry for ranting) how often do i need to change out the PAM'd papertowels? we are having a genocide of mites as we speak. i guess what i want to know is do we just shake the deadones off and stick the paper back in or do we need to change it completely?

thanks a bunch again