Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,308

2 members and 3,306 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

View Poll Results: What Morph Is This?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Normal

32 42.67%
  • Cinnamon

10 13.33%
  • Het Red

11 14.67%
  • 100% Het Pied

15 20.00%
  • Cinny/Het Pied

13 17.33%
  • Het Red/Het Pied

5 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guess The Morph

Thanks

Re: Guess The Morph

Quote Originally Posted by NextWorldExotics View Post
    I would consider myself to have an above average understanding of morphs... and ability to pick them out.

1. You can not tell if its a het from a photo... period.

2. If you bought it as a Het Red or Cinnamon... you were lied to.

3. The snake in the photos is a normal, or a het but only you would know that from the paperwork.

4. Unless its a heart morph from the neck mark which is cool by the way.

I beg to differ. YES, you can. The clear belly speaks for itself.

However, if you believe that you can't tell if it's a het from the photo, how do you know that I was lied to?

Thanks for your opinion.

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by broadude View Post
    Het Red Ax
    (not sure if the "pied" markers mean anything).

Here's a pic of the male with her...She's NOT a calm snake/very difficult to capture and she's in shed.

Im not being rude just honest...

You can not tell a SIMPLE RECESSIVE HET from a photo...

A VISUAL HET or Co-Dom morph you can... (ex. Het Ivory, Het Red, Pastel etc) and from your original photos its definately not a cinnamon and chances are its not a Het Red (pretty positive actually) Nor would you need paperwork on a Visual Het ( het red)

The top snake in the pic above looks like a Het Red but the bottom snake dosent at all... If you look at the pic they clearly dont look anything alike.

I have a guide to Het Reds that may help (Het reds do not have clear bellies for one...) www.nextworldexotics.com/hg.htm

Who sold you this snake?

Jon
    Jon Dvoretz
    Next World Exotics
    www.nextworldexotics.com

Home of the "Hunters Guide to the Morphs"
    www.nextworldexotics.com/hg.htm

Thanks

I beg to differ. YES, you can. The clear belly speaks for itself.

However, if you believe that you can't tell if it's a het from the photo, how do you know that I was lied to?

Thanks for your opinion.
    Your posts are a bit confusing... you are saying you can tell it is a het since it has a clear belly?
    Jon Dvoretz
    Next World Exotics
    www.nextworldexotics.com

Thanks

I think he is saying that the het pied markers (the lines on the sides of the belly) are not definitive markers. Some het pieds have them, some don't, just like some normals have them and some don't. It's not a definite way to tell a het.

Thanks

She isnt stating you can tell its a Het for a recessive gene from the pick

if you cant afford to take care of it, dont get it

Thanks

Thanks, Jon for your honesty.

I wasn't saying that I "needed" papers to prove she's Het Red. I mean that if it turns out that she's not..I have the papers that prove who I got it from and when (sorry that wasn't clear).

I am not saying that a clear belly proves anything. I am pointing out that it's also one of the "markers" for a morph and shouldn't be discounted and the animal classified as Normal. (her belly is clear except for the "pied-like markers" lower on her body.

Really, guys thanks for participating. I just wanted to know if anyone else saw what I saw. I appreciate the opinions. I'll post another picture when she's not in shed and I have someone to hold her still.

*if you picked it up...I am sensitive about my babies!

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Thanks

I wasn't saying that I "needed" papers to prove she's Het Red. I mean that if it turns out that she's not..I have the papers that prove who I got it from and when (sorry that wasn't clear).

I am not saying that a clear belly proves anything. I am pointing out that it's also one of the "markers" for a morph and shouldn't be discounted and the animal classified as Normal. (her belly is clear except for the "pied-like markers" lower on her body.

Really, guys thanks for participating. I just wanted to know if anyone else saw what I saw. I appreciate the opinions. I'll post another picture when she's not in shed and I have someone to hold her still.
    I think you kind of missed the point Jon was trying to make - it's not a cinnamon, it's not a het red, even if it has het pied markers it's not necessarily a het pied. If you have papers from the breeder saying it's 100% het pied then great prove it out and you're good to go.

But one should never assume a ball with the markers is an actual het -- it's a normal until proven otherwise -- I have a rack full of normals with black backs and markers that produce more black backs with markers -- it's not uncommon.
    Tosha

The web page: JET Pythons
    The blog: http://jetpythons.blogspot.com/

Thanks

*if you picked it up...I am sensitive about my babies!

Hey i understand...

Papers are only as good as the breeder...and why would you want to waste the time trying to get the right animal if she dosent prove. I have nothing to gain from telling you what i see, i have no het reds for sale. I just would rather not see someone get ripped off.

I started the "guides" so people wouldnt get ripped of and know what they were buying. If you paid for a Het Red then i would return her and get one that looks like one. For even if she is one (which im 99% positive shes not) if any babies look like her you wil have a very hard time selling them.

Who is the breeder?
    Jon Dvoretz
    Next World Exotics
    www.nextworldexotics.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NextWorldExotics View Post
    Hey i understand...

Papers are only as good as the breeder...and why would you want to waste the time trying to get the right animal if she dosent prove. I have nothing to gain from telling you what i see, i have no het reds for sale. I just would rather not see someone get ripped off.

I started the "guides" so people wouldnt get ripped of and know what they were buying. If you paid for a Het Red then i would return her and get one that looks like one. For even if she is one (which im 99% positive shes not) if any babies look like her you wil have a very hard time selling them.

Who is the breeder?
    I understand, thank you; I accept the risk.

Doesn't matter who sold her to me. If she doesn't prove out then I will never buy from that person again, and if that person screwed me, they will screw someone else..eventually they will be their own worse enemy (I am a great believer in "what goes around, comes around."

I brought two het reds 1.1 ...that's what I am going on. She would be hard to mix up with that Heart shape on the joint of her neck/head. But since I brought her 7/10/07, it's too late to do anything about it if she is fake.

p.s. Hatchings can either look better or worse than the sire/dame regardless of how beautiful they were. Having beautiful parents, while it increases the chances of having beautiful hatchlings, is IMO no guarantee.
    Last edited by broadude; 07-11-2008 at 11:26 PM. Reason: clarification

Thanks

I don't know. I thought het red when I first saw the photos.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast