Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,313

2 members and 3,311 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Suggestions Please

Well, I'm not very good at photography, but I'll add my comments FWIW.

Like others, the first thing I noticed is that the tip of the nose in the reflection is cut off.

I love the mirror effect in shots like this. On a recent thread, someone had used a surface that wasn't a mirror, but was somewhat reflective, and that was cool too. But it is a "special effect" sort of thing. Sort of like the neon blue BPs I've seen in some people's avatars, altho obviously to a greater degree. So I think for a professional looking site, I might not use it, or at least use it only to a limited degree, some pics but not all.

EDIT: I tried to look at your site and it doesn't seem to be working. Not sure if it is supposed to be yet or not.
    Casey

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kc261 View Post
    EDIT: I tried to look at your site and it doesn't seem to be working. Not sure if it is supposed to be yet or not.
    It is being built now, and will be uploaded all at once, we are shooting for a Daytona (August) launch.
    Custom reptile and amphibian enclosures! As well as other custom wood working.

Thanks

Shaun you can also use plexi glass to give it a semi reflective look... I like the mirror myself. I have the nikkon d40. I dont know exactly how yours works, but set it to the highest resolution setting mine is like 3000x2000 or somthing. Then step back and take the picture...2 foot or so, that way the whole snake is in the red box and focused. Then on your pc you can crop it for a perfectly focused sanke pic, and be able to center it better.
    I am no photographer but this has worked well for me .
    WOOT first post lol!

Thanks

I have not yet tried photographing small animals yet, but the lenses recommended in this thread are good, the Canon 100mm is a cracking lens. Also the Sigma EX DG's are good,and cheaper than Canon's... may be a zoom macro by Sigma may be a good buy, as you have the flexibilty with the focal length(zooming in and out without having to move the camera), and if you want a close up of eyes etc, the macro will focus really close.

May be try a well polished pane of glass instead of the mirror, it may give a slight reflection without being too distracting if you don't fancy heavy editing in photoshop, which it sounds like you don't

ps- may be after some advice on photographing snakes etc very soon from you guys in the photography section!!

Has anyone tried the glass, let me know how you go!

regards Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12