Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,636

2 members and 2,634 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beginner morphs

Thanks

Re: beginner morphs

everyone is making very good points. i would say go wit the co dom and dom traits. i dont know bout you but when i was younger i wanted instant gratification. hets take a lot more time when trying to produce an animal which sometime makes them cheaper. a pair of mojaves would make you very happy in a few years. lucys are freakin HOT! my biggest piece of advice is... dont settle on an animal. wait until you find exactly what you want cuz it makes having that animal so so so much better. good luck buddy
    pin albino bp in the making

Thanks

First off

I suggest pastels, mojaves, or spiders. Spiders may be a little more than you want to spend though. You will also need to buy at least one female to breed him too.

I keep my babies in a 6qt tub rack, then move them into at 32qt tub rack when they are about two to three hundred grams.

Hope this helps.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

very great helpful thread, figured i'd commend everyone. i don't have any professional suggestions as to racks and whatnot, but i've been doing my homework as to what i'd like to start with when i decide to breed (i'm 23, but have already decided that i'm going to wait a few years, and when my man and i move into a house, i will start investing in Ball Pythons more ) i think the suggestion of getting a het pair would be good simpley because they're not as expensive as a straight up morph itself. for example, on NERD, an albino BP would be 1000 dollars, and a het pair would be 600...

andwhy6 did mention that it takes longer with hets, but that would be my suggestion to keep your breeding less expensive goodluck and keep us posted on what you decide on

Thanks

yay!
    someone who is close to my age lol

the snakes i have right now are a male pastel and spider, 100% het albino male(that will be breeding a het female on loan this year!), and an older female normal that hopefully next year i can breed my spider to

just thought i would throw that out

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Yellowbellys. I started with a pastel and would recomend that to most who like them.
    Absolutely obsessed with ball pythons!

http://www.facebook.com/VillarinoReptiles?ref=hl

Villarino reptiles Morph market

Contacts

Villarinoreptiles@gmail.com
    Or tex 7868774281

Thanks

I am just starting out, and as of Yesterday, I am going to be expanding my collection with a Spider female. That is my first morph, and I think I can get some cool stuf out of it. Heather's Herps is where I went (THANK YOU HEATHER) and I think this will be a fun and exciting adventure.

... and I am 20 ... I feel old in this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    I am just starting out, and as of Yesterday, I am going to be expanding my collection with a Spider female. That is my first morph, and I think I can get some cool stuf out of it. Heather's Herps is where I went (THANK YOU HEATHER) and I think this will be a fun and exciting adventure.

... and I am 20 ... I feel old in this thread.
    Me too Cuda

Thanks

wow..thanks for all the responses guys! i wasnt expecting so many so soon lol. Seems like spiders, pastels, and mojaves are the way to go for a beginner. Sounds pretty cool. Im gonna try to go to an expo in august(the closest one....5 hrs away....bleh!) and ive seen some pretty sweet deals at expos...maybe i can pick up a pair of pastels for a good price Once again thanks for all the replies and ill get back to you all soon. thanks,

Justan

Thanks

Just keep in mind...a $100 snake craps just as much as a $10,000 snake. Get what like, save up if you can't afford it yet. Your going to be cleaning this snake for 20+ years.
    Also, if you invest in some 08 girls, you will be about 16 yrs old before you will get any eggs out of them....and I was 16yrs old once, and I had things on my mind other than snakes!....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12