Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,621

2 members and 2,619 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Day 44 and I am getting impatient!

It's day 44 and I really cannot wait for these eggs to hatch.
    I want to know if any are striped melanistic babies! The wait is killing me!

Thanks

Re: Day 44 and I am getting impatient!

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    It's day 44 and I really cannot wait for these eggs to hatch.
    I want to know if any are striped melanistic babies! The wait is killing me!
    So how long do you think you can hold out? At least till 46-47...LOL
    Sean

Thanks

cut them
    i want to see lol

Thanks

Allow me to share a super-secret solution to staring at the egg box, finding yourself standing next to the incubator and not knowing how you got there??? -- etc. I cut my first clutch of the year at 48 days. I also just could not wait. It all worked out fine. I proved out a new morph and the babies are all over 300 grams. However, I would not cut eggs that early again and would not suggest anyone else cut THAT early either.

The super-secret solution is...have so many clutches hatching that you are so busy setting-up babies, feeding, and going back to your breeding room setting up more eggs to incubate that you have not the time to consider cutting. May not be something you may want to undertake -- but I will tell you IT WORKS!!

If you must cut, wait until at least day 53. A friend of a friend cut an egg about a week ago -- way too early from the sound of it. I'm going to guess day 44-45. The egg contained a new (not been made) triple gene combo!! A real smoker!!! It died in the egg. Just say no. I know the little guys are telling you "Let us out! We'll be fine!! Beware my cautionary tale!!! WAIT!! Good luck and may you get the best clutch possible.
    Bill Buchman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Buchman View Post
    Allow me to share a super-secret solution to staring at the egg box, finding yourself standing next to the incubator and not knowing how you got there??? -- etc. I cut my first clutch of the year at 48 days. I also just could not wait. It all worked out fine. I proved out a new morph and the babies are all over 300 grams. However, I would not cut eggs that early again and would not suggest anyone else cut THAT early either.

The super-secret solution is...have so many clutches hatching that you are so busy setting-up babies, feeding, and going back to your breeding room setting up more eggs to incubate that you have not the time to consider cutting. May not be something you may want to undertake -- but I will tell you IT WORKS!!

If you must cut, wait until at least day 53. A friend of a friend cut an egg about a week ago -- way too early from the sound of it. I'm going to guess day 44-45. The egg contained a new (not been made) triple gene combo!! A real smoker!!! It died in the egg. Just say no. I know the little guys are telling you "Let us out! We'll be fine!! Beware my cautionary tale!!! WAIT!! Good luck and may you get the best clutch possible.
    Oh man. I would feel horrible if that happened to me. Heck, I feel bad for it happening to someone else.

I cut the last clutch this year at day 50 and was worried until the last one came out. I don't plan on cutting that early ever again.