Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,672

2 members and 2,670 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Strange shedding behavior

Well, my new girl has just entered her first shed cycle with me and she's acting a bit odd. Every few minutes or so, she'll raise her head, adjust her jaw and settle back down again. I was worried that it might be an RI since her old owner didn't take great care of her, but she doesn't make any wheezing noises and she doesn't have any mucus or bubble blowing. I'm not sure if she's just uncomfortable from the shed (her eyes just went blue a day ago) or if she has a lingering RI from her old owner. (Her humidity is about 60% right now with a 90 degree basking spot and the rest of the tank is about 82.) Oh, and this behavior just started today.

I'll probably take her to the vet anyways, but I wanted y'all's opinion on the matter just in case. BTW, should I wait until after her shed for the vet, or just take her in and let the vet deal with an upset snake? I don't want to stress my girl out anymore than I have to.

Cheers!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Strange shedding behavior

if you think its odd behavior id take it to the vet as soon as you can.its always better to be safe and if its nothing,your vet bill will be minimal.if it is something,the faster you get a jump on it the easier it will be to cure.