Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,356

1 members and 3,355 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RHP's

Thanks

Re: RHP's

Oh dear, it does seem like I left some info out!
    I have 4 Boaphile 422D's (4 x 2 x 18") and all have Pro-heat PH-3 12 x 18" 65 watt panels. The information I listed in the above post is for my Irian Jayas, we also have a Corn and Brazilian Rainbow Boa and the panels do a great job keeping correct temps for them as well.
    The temps do drop a bit in the winter, but not by a lot. I usually end up putting larger water bowls in to hold the humidity, therefore, the temps.
    I love the RHP's I have, if you are considering them I highly recommend them. Shoot an email to Bob, tell him your set up, room temps and what temps you need to maintain and he will hook you up with the right panel

Thanks

Those PH-3's are the ones i have.

Only im using mine in Animal Plastics T-10's.

I am also using mine instead of using an oil filled heater. Ive got one, and have used it. I just got sick of having my bedroom heated to 82 degrees.

A herp room would be great. But for the time being, RHP's are working great!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    Those PH-3's are the ones i have.

Only im using mine in Animal Plastics T-10's.

I am also using mine instead of using an oil filled heater. Ive got one, and have used it. I just got sick of having my bedroom heated to 82 degrees.

A herp room would be great. But for the time being, RHP's are working great!
    Well I do have a herp room of sorts, but heating it with an oil filled heater has a few disadvantages.

1. 600W vs about 195w or less for me (65Wx3 cages).
    2. Hot air rises so my top tank is always hotter that the bottom one by a couple of degrees.
    3. In my small room the oil filled heater is always in my way.

2kdime, mind answering some questions?
    1. What is your room temp?
    2. Where is your RHP mounted in the T10?
    3. What are your cage temps (hot side/cool side)?

Thanks
    My Daughters name all the animals...

0.1 BP - Normal (Seviper)
    0.1 RTB - Normal BCI (Ekans)
    0.0.1 GTP - Merauke (Carnivine)
    0.1 RTB - Suriname BCC (Sand Ma'am...a.k.a. Sandy)
    0.1 RTB - Anery BCI (Onix)

Thanks

Yeah no problem!

The heat panel is on the left hand side of the cage on the ceiling. Tight into the left side. And tight to the back wall.

Its a warm day in here today and my room thermostat is reading 76. The room dips down to as low as 72 on some nights though. And its still ok.

Ambient temps in the cages are 80 and 81.

Cool side temps are both at 80.

Warm side temps are 86.

Ive got flexwatt on both the warm and cool sides of the cages. Set at 86 on the warm side. And 80 on the cool side.

The RHP is just keeping my ambients up in the cages for the most part. When the room gets colder and the panel is running more. The floor heats up slowly and the probe under the cage for the flexwatt shuts that stuff off.

The floor stays right at about 86 to 87.

I put my RHP probe between the floor and the panel set at 82. And that keeps my ambients right. And keeps the floor right at about 86. Kinda weird! But those temps are what i want for my blood pythons.

Its just hanging down on the edge of the panel.

Also you wont be needing all the wattage out of your RHP. Mine run at about 10 to 30%, 99% of the time. So figure 10% of a 65w panel is 6.5 watts? 6.5 x 3 panels is not even 20 watts. Theyre very energy efficient.

Did i miss anything?

Thanks

Yea ive talked to her. I think the way she had hers set up, you need your room at a stable temperature.
    No, my room is not stable at all. It is my living room and not a snake room per se. My temps fluctuate all over the place especially because we live in the high desert with summer day temps of 80-90F and summer night temps of 30-40F with an ambient humidity of about 25%!!
    The RHP bumps my ambient temps up and keeps the snakes perfect! I don't run flex watt with the RHP since they don't speak to each other very well.
    My boas can get closer to the RHP or they can move away from the RHP or they can go into the coolness of the hide (like going into a little tunnel to get out of the sun!)
    Let me know if I can help you or send pictures of the set up or anything else. I really like the RHP's and am considering putting them in my ball python cages as well

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

I would LOVE some pictures!!!!!!

Thanks

Yeah no problem!

The heat panel is on the left hand side of the cage on the ceiling. Tight into the left side. And tight to the back wall.

Its a warm day in here today and my room thermostat is reading 76. The room dips down to as low as 72 on some nights though. And its still ok.

Ambient temps in the cages are 80 and 81.

Cool side temps are both at 80.

Warm side temps are 86.

Ive got flexwatt on both the warm and cool sides of the cages. Set at 86 on the warm side. And 80 on the cool side.

The RHP is just keeping my ambients up in the cages for the most part. When the room gets colder and the panel is running more. The floor heats up slowly and the probe under the cage for the flexwatt shuts that stuff off.

The floor stays right at about 86 to 87.

I put my RHP probe between the floor and the panel set at 82. And that keeps my ambients right. And keeps the floor right at about 86. Kinda weird! But those temps are what i want for my blood pythons.

Its just hanging down on the edge of the panel.

Also you wont be needing all the wattage out of your RHP. Mine run at about 10 to 30%, 99% of the time. So figure 10% of a 65w panel is 6.5 watts? 6.5 x 3 panels is not even 20 watts. Theyre very energy efficient.

Did i miss anything?
    Wow, That is 3 thermostats per cage??? Can't afford to do that. I was hoping to get by with just the RHP. How do you think that would work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starmom View Post
    No, my room is not stable at all. It is my living room and not a snake room per se. My temps fluctuate all over the place especially because we live in the high desert with summer day temps of 80-90F and summer night temps of 30-40F with an ambient humidity of about 25%!!
    The RHP bumps my ambient temps up and keeps the snakes perfect! I don't run flex watt with the RHP since they don't speak to each other very well.
    My boas can get closer to the RHP or they can move away from the RHP or they can go into the coolness of the hide (like going into a little tunnel to get out of the sun!)
    Let me know if I can help you or send pictures of the set up or anything else. I really like the RHP's and am considering putting them in my ball python cages as well

Yeah pics would be awesome. So what are the temps in your cage Hot side on top of the hide, inside the hide, and coolside/ambient?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by td30 View Post
    Wow, That is 3 thermostats per cage??? Can't afford to do that. I was hoping to get by with just the RHP. How do you think that would work?
    This is actually what we were planning on doing for our display cages that we're building right now. They're built from 3/4" wood, so flexwatt is out of the question. Call me paranoid, but I'm not particularly comfortable with the idea of flexwatt being sandwiched against a piece of wood. Radiant heat panels are just so much easier to hide than a heat lamp

Thanks

I would LOVE some pictures!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast