Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,151

3 members and 3,148 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RHP's

Thanks

RHP's

Hey everyone. I was just wondering if any of you all use radiant heat panels.

If so, wheres your probe for it at? Ive asked on another board. But this one is quite a bit more busy.

Ive thought of every different scenario. But id like to hear what everyone else does.

If it matters, my room is not heated. Its just the same as the rest of the house. Roughly 70-75.

Thanks everybody!!!!

Trevor

Thanks

Re: RHP's

i know starmom does

Thanks

Yea ive talked to her. I think the way she had hers set up, you need your room at a stable temperature.

Thanks

Anyone?

Thanks

I have radient heat panels in the cages for my carpet pythons. However, these are boaphile cages, and every boaphile cage I've had I needed to add extra heat too. I've never had problems like that with the racks, just the cages. I have the probe on the ground above the extra flexwatt (I can't recall which if that's the hot side or the cool side). The heat panels for these cages are in the "short" end of the cage, not the top.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Yeah i remember you saying that on bloodpythons. Im having to add heat to the cool side of my cages. Just enough to bump the cool side up a degree or so.

What do you mean by the short end of the cage? Not the top?

Like right now ive got my probe halfway between the floor and the RHP. Set at 82. And i get 86 on the floor. That way they cant get to the probes.

Keeps my ambients at 80.

Im just trying to get an average of what everyone does ya know? Im still new to RHP's.

Thanks for the reply Schlyne!

Thanks

I have an RHP. I built my own thermostat (EECS major ) and I use a combined humidity/temp sensor for it that sits high on the hot end of the tank.

For me, this was so that the humidity sensor was far enough from the humidity output of the humidifier (humid...) and then I played with the tolerance on my thermostat until the ambient heat was where I wanted it.

This seems to be the important part, IMHO - ensuring it is adjusted to where you want it after placement, more so than worrying about exactly where to put it, especially with RHP's, which I think do a good job of evenly heating airspace, as compared to something like a UTH.

Jim

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    What do you mean by the short end of the cage? Not the top?
    The way the cages are built and sold for the smaller heat panels, the panel is in one of the short "wall" sections. not the top. I'm not sure why boaphile does that for the smallest heat panel, but that's the way the cage was made.

So heat blows from left to right or something like that out of the panel, not top to bottom.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

I use RHP's in my Boaphiles, mounted on the top. I have the thermostat probe almost in the middle of the (height) of the tank, that is the 'basking' spot for them, up on a shelf. It's set for 90 there, I use Herpstat thermostats and my ambient room temp is 74-75. The cool end stays at 79-80 and the ground temps under the RHP stay at 88-ish. They do fluctuate w/the room temps but not by much, a degree either way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine_3 View Post
    I use RHP's in my Boaphiles, mounted on the top. I have the thermostat probe almost in the middle of the (height) of the tank, that is the 'basking' spot for them, up on a shelf. It's set for 90 there, I use Herpstat thermostats and my ambient room temp is 74-75. The cool end stays at 79-80 and the ground temps under the RHP stay at 88-ish. They do fluctuate w/the room temps but not by much, a degree either way.
    What size RHP? Also what size boaphile? I am considering going with RHP's instead of heating the room with an oil filled heater.
    My Daughters name all the animals...

0.1 BP - Normal (Seviper)
    0.1 RTB - Normal BCI (Ekans)
    0.0.1 GTP - Merauke (Carnivine)
    0.1 RTB - Suriname BCC (Sand Ma'am...a.k.a. Sandy)
    0.1 RTB - Anery BCI (Onix)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast