Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,483

0 members and 1,483 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,146
Threads: 248,587
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Strider21

Thread: First Meal!!!

Thanks

First Meal!!!

My new ball python "marley" just took his first meal. I tried a couple days after I got him and he didn't take it. Probably my fault, should have gave him a few more days to settle in. But I tried again today and he took it. sorta disapointed though, I didn't get to see him feed. I tried with the tongs first and he wouldnt strike so I figured I'd put the rat on top of his hide and leave him. sure enough 10 minutes later I went back, no rat and marley's curled up in his hide. pretty lame thread, but I was excited.

Thanks

Re: First Meal!!!

It's not a lame thread at all! I am happy to hear he took the rat, it is always veeery exciting to have them eat for you for the first time! I was ecstatic when my lil guy ate his first hopper with me

Congrats!
    I'm Nat!

Thanks

Re: First Meal!!!

YEA!!!!
    Remember to not pick Marley up for 48 hours so he can digest his meal! Also, since Marley is brand new to you, I would leave him alone until 48 hours after his next meal; so, basically wait a week, feed him, wait 2 days then you can pick him up
    In the meantime, change his bedding when needed and give fresh water daily and let that be the extent of your interaction!
    Have we seen pictures of Marley?? If not, I guess we'll all have to wait too

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery