Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,375

4 members and 2,371 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

Stubborn eater or normal?

I bought my bp about a month ago. I bought him on a Sunday and fed him on Monday (thats when the pet store people said they normally fed them) and he ate up a small size mouse within 20 minutes. Since then, he has not eaten anything I have given him. I did notice, however, that he was pink bellied and blue eyed when I got him and sure enough last Friday he shed. I assume thats why he was not eating, but I prescented and fed him another small mouse on Monday (after the shed was long complete) and he did not take it. I am wondering if the mice I am feeding him are too big as they are probably 1 1/2 times his middle body width, and if he only ate that first mouse because the pet store and shipping and everything neglected to feed him.

How long until I start worrying about him eating? I dont know the age but he is still about 1.5 ft long and hasnt eaten since the first day I had him. Maybe I'll start trying some smaller prey?

Thanks

Re: Stubborn eater or normal?

Dont feel like the lone ranger! I have had mine for about a month now as well, and he ate for the first time last Wed but I had to get him out and assist, not force though. I tried again last night but no luck. He has gotten accustomed to his encosure, moving around and such, hes just a picky eater I guess. It is ver frustrating. Good luck!

Thanks

Re: Stubborn eater or normal?

How long have you had him?
    What is the weight?
    Tell us about the environment you have him in.
    We can help, but we need a little more information

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery