Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,266

1 members and 3,265 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Payment Methods

Thanks

Re: Payment Methods

Very good post! It would have really been bad if we had used a checking account with Paypal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    I do not like paypal one bit!!!

We got ripped off big time about a year ago. In short, we paid through paypal, the seller delayed shipment, delayed shipment, delayed shipment, and we tried contacting him several times. He eventually stopped returning correspondance.

We opened a dispute with paypal, escalated it the next day, and waited. Paypal came back and asked us to send all our proof. We sent it, and we were told we had actually WON the dispute. BUT (big butt) they said we weren't going to be awarded our money back because the seller already took the money from the account.

So we were out a lot of money, no snake, the seller's account was frozen but he had our money, and we were SOL.

We opened a fraud claim with our credit card company and were eventually given back all of our money. Although PayPal did send an email telling us to close our fraud claim with Visa because it was against their TOS, but screw that. We got our money back in the end.

I hate Paypal. It does NOT offer protection. I'd rather go with checks or money orders any day.
    As with buying from any seller, the only protection you can hope for is that you have picked a reputable seller. Paypal has a terrible claim process and virtually NO customer service. I spent 2 hours on hold once trying to speak to an actual person.

JonV

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerhart View Post
    ...I think in the end it's all up to the seller. I have heard horror stories about MO, Paypal, Personal Checks....and basically, if a seller wants to scam you...they will.
    I couldn't have put it any better.

JonV

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicaPiton519 View Post
    Im currently dealing with a possible buyer that will only use PayPal, but my dad does not have a PayPal, causing a little bit of trouble... he wont even do a cashier check

my dad owns his own refuse truck parts biz, and has a credit card machine, but anything i sell with that i have to ad to the price to cover fee's... i have done that, and i have also done personal checks, and am willing to do cashier checks...

im hoping that this potential buyer will change his mind, seeing as i have no acces to paypal... :/
    Would this buyer be from reptilegeeks.com and his user name be davidsballpythons LOL . I'll tray to get the money on the 26th. Iv never sent a money order and don't want to get scamed.

Thanks

I have found the best protection is paying via CC (paypal or other)

I actually did get scammed and made a 2k payment yet never received shipment or anything. Never heard from them again.

I filed with paypal, they said I won the case but the funds were already gone (worthless IMO). Then I filed a chargeback on my CC. I received a temp credit for the amount and within a month had a statement from the CC that said the credit was permenant and I was not at fault.

I do my research on the seller (references and/or Inqueries/feedback online) and then make sure to pay by CC.

Hope that helps
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jdconstriction
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/jdconstriction
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/jdconstriction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123