Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,267

2 members and 3,265 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Payment Methods

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Payment Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Tosha_Mc View Post
    Yikes - interesting - I'd never heard that -- I know I've bought and sold a bunch with out problems -- I guess I'll go back and check their TOS. Of course Paypal says the same thing and look how many people use it.
    Well, I got an e-mail from Google stating that I couldn't use it...

Maybe because I have a lot of my TOS on there?? I dunno.
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

I never knew paypal and google prohibited animal sales. I've used paypal as a buyer to purchase an animal. Interesting.
    That really could put a dent into sales if people had to stop using those services.
    ~Tashai
    5.10 ball pythons, 1.1 hog island boas,
    1.1 mexican black kings, 0.1 jungle carpet python 0.1.3 crested geckos

Visit my website: http://ti-imagery.com

Thanks

Pay Pal is probably the easiest and most efficient... Obviously there will be the mess up here and there from time to time... nothing is perfect...

As a buyer and future seller this is what I think makes the most sense... If its a high priced order(over $500) then the seller pays shipping... If the buyer is paying with pay pal they always pay the 3%. I think this is the fairest deal as both shipping and the 3% fee come out to roughly the same costs. Neither buyer or seller is taking a hit.
    snakes

Thanks

I do not like paypal one bit!!!

We got ripped off big time about a year ago. In short, we paid through paypal, the seller delayed shipment, delayed shipment, delayed shipment, and we tried contacting him several times. He eventually stopped returning correspondance.

We opened a dispute with paypal, escalated it the next day, and waited. Paypal came back and asked us to send all our proof. We sent it, and we were told we had actually WON the dispute. BUT (big butt) they said we weren't going to be awarded our money back because the seller already took the money from the account.

So we were out a lot of money, no snake, the seller's account was frozen but he had our money, and we were SOL.

We opened a fraud claim with our credit card company and were eventually given back all of our money. Although PayPal did send an email telling us to close our fraud claim with Visa because it was against their TOS, but screw that. We got our money back in the end.

I hate Paypal. It does NOT offer protection. I'd rather go with checks or money orders any day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post

We got ripped off big time about a year ago. In short, we paid through paypal, the seller delayed shipment, delayed shipment, delayed shipment, and we tried contacting him several times. He eventually stopped returning correspondance.

We opened a dispute with paypal, escalated it the next day, and waited. Paypal came back and asked us to send all our proof. We sent it, and we were told we had actually WON the dispute. BUT (big butt) they said we weren't going to be awarded our money back because the seller already took the money from the account.

So we were out a lot of money, no snake, the seller's account was frozen but he had our money, and we were SOL.

We opened a fraud claim with our credit card company and were eventually given back all of our money. Although PayPal did send an email telling us to close our fraud claim with Visa because it was against their TOS, but screw that. We got our money back in the end.

I hate Paypal. It does NOT offer protection. I'd rather go with checks or money orders any day.
    Major bummer Connie....

...I have never had troubles with paypal...but watch everything fall apart now that I said that

...I think in the end it's all up to the seller. I have heard horror stories about MO, Paypal, Personal Checks....and basically, if a seller wants to scam you...they will. It all depends on wether or not you 'fall' for it. When I was younger, my parents house got robbed while no one was home. When we got home and called the police...they basically said, you can get any type of security you want...but if the robber wants to get it....he WILL get in.

...although he did say the best security is a dog...
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks

connie.....it might be helpful to the rest of us to know the seller is that tried to rip you off,is there a BOI post about it ?

i've called paypal numerous times,they don't get involved in live animal transactions.

the safest money orders are POSTAL money orders,the sender can not cancel payment as with other types of money orders.if the shipper does not send the goods he/she has commited mail fraud.

in the end the buyer assumes the most risk which can't be elimated but can be minimized by doing your homework,BOI,referances etc. have fun !
    TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

" Do you really believe that what you believe is really real ? "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    connie.....it might be helpful to the rest of us to know the seller is that tried to rip you off,is there a BOI post about it ?

i've called paypal numerous times,they don't get involved in live animal transactions.

the safest money orders are POSTAL money orders,the sender can not cancel payment as with other types of money orders.if the shipper does not send the goods he/she has commited mail fraud.

in the end the buyer assumes the most risk which can't be elimated but can be minimized by doing your homework,BOI,referances etc. have fun !
    Yea, he has his own BOI thread and one here too. Sylas Crawford of Appalachian Exotics... Apparently he sold us the same snake that he sold to at least 5 other people at the same time. I dont know how many got their money back either.

Thanks

Yea, he has his own BOI thread and one here too. Sylas Crawford of Appalachian Exotics... Apparently he sold us the same snake that he sold to at least 5 other people at the same time. I dont know how many got their money back either.
    thanks for the info,i'm glad you got your money back.
    TIMOTHY W. HURKMANS

" Do you really believe that what you believe is really real ? "

Thanks

Well I am no longer sure about PayPal. I used to use to think they were secure, but I now have a claim in and from what I am reading they may not do anything. I think my case is a little different though as I have been trying to cancel the order before the seller ships and I have a responce in an E-mail asking for my refund, but he doesn't say anything about giving it. I also put a claim in with the credit card I used. Hopefully this will add leverage and make sure I get my money back.

I just have one question if the seller ships, and Fed-ex drops it off with no one home here and snakes are actually in it how does it all pan out. If the credit card company and PayPal find in my favor am I still liable to ship the snakes back even though I have asked to have the order cancelled 4 days before he shipped it and have proof that he has seen that request.

Notes: Seller is Michael Shaak of dragonmasterexotics and midwestrattery. A BOI is going on with myself and another person who had issues on the Fauna Board of Review.

Thanks

With any credit card you can place an item in dispute and the item will be taken off the bill until the matter gets settled one way or another. If you did not receive an item that was charged on a credit card the law says that you do not have to pay for it. If you use a credit card through Paypal and Paypal refuses to help you, that is no problem. Paypal is just a middleman. Call the issuer of the credit card and place the sale in dispute. I have done this. The issuer of the credit must put it in dispute at your say so and it doesn't matter what Paypal says. Bottom line is always use credit cards and you will have legal rights. If you use personal checks, debit cards , money orders or cash you are essentially without any leverage if the seller is not willing to cooperate with you.
    Do not resuscitate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast