Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,174

0 members and 1,174 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: My New Leos from the Hamburg Show!! VERY Pic Heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by dsirkle View Post
    Unless you get lucky (you may well get by with a little help from your friends) there is a National mealworm shortage going on and they wont be available for a couple of months. You may have to choose between superworms or crickets until then. I am glad that I have a 15qt mealworm farm going. I have been breeding 1.2 shtctb leos this year. One female has layed only infertile eggs. The other has only layed only 3 good eggs so far. One has hatched and 2 are in the incubator. I understand that you shouldn't expect much out of a female in the 1st year of egg production. I have a large blizzard female that I have considered getting a male to go with also. I like your choices of sunglow and blizzard, both nice to look at.

We got 1000 at the show today. Started the mealworm farm. From what I hear though mealworms will be back in stock in the next few weeks. These Leos are pretty damn cool!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsirkle View Post
    Unless you get lucky (you may well get by with a little help from your friends) there is a National mealworm shortage going on and they wont be available for a couple of months. You may have to choose between superworms or crickets until then. I am glad that I have a 15qt mealworm farm going. I have been breeding 1.2 shtctb leos this year. One female has layed only infertile eggs. The other has only layed only 3 good eggs so far. One has hatched and 2 are in the incubator. I understand that you shouldn't expect much out of a female in the 1st year of egg production. I have a large blizzard female that I have considered getting a male to go with also. I like your choices of sunglow and blizzard, both nice to look at.
    The mealworm shortage thing sucks... Hopefully we have enough to get a small homebred thing goin. I'll do crickets if I must From what I understand all 4 are proven breeders, so hopefully we'll get lucky the first time! Thanks for the comment! I really wasn't completely sure what I was going to get until I got there but as I predicted, some things just called out to me and that's how I ended up with these choices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
    We got 1000 at the show today. Started the mealworm farm. From what I hear though mealworms will be back in stock in the next few weeks. These Leos are pretty damn cool!
    Once they get going, it's nice to have clean odorless mealworms on hand. I buy crickets as a treat and for nutritional variety every once in a while, but only what can be eaten immediately. They poop in the cages, stink, make noise and die if you try to keep them around. Leo's are pretty cool. Mine run to the door of their cages and want to come out and climb on me when they see me. I know how foolish that sounds but they really do.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

Hello Amy,
    this is glenn, the guy you bought the blizzard and sunglow pairs from. Glad to see that you are enjoying them. let me know if you need anything else, or any help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    The mealworm shortage thing sucks... Hopefully we have enough to get a small homebred thing goin. I'll do crickets if I must From what I understand all 4 are proven breeders, so hopefully we'll get lucky the first time! Thanks for the comment! I really wasn't completely sure what I was going to get until I got there but as I predicted, some things just called out to me and that's how I ended up with these choices.
    If you have a thousand mealworms you are all set. Sunglows are about the nicest looking leos around.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

nice leos. I like the sunglows, they look so bright. hope you have baby leo's soon. I didn't see you guys there, must have missed you while walking around. I was there around 10 or so.
    Doris

Thanks

Awesome animals! Im not very good with my leo genetics, but what would you get from a blizzard x sunglow? Besides and awesome looking gecko!
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks

Congrats on your new additions! They're very pretty!

I'm using mostly superworms for my adults during the shortage - the geckos seem to be very excited about the change.

Thanks

Thanks for the comments! And thanks Glen for the awesome leos . They haven't eaten any mealworms yet... hopefully they'll find them soon and the dishes aren't too high for them. I'm happy to have gotten them.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
    These Leos are pretty damn cool!
    HA HA You're getting the leo bug too. They rock!!

Thats a couple sweet pairs by the way

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast