Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,319

0 members and 3,319 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Re: Tiger Python!! What have I done???

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Rodents View Post
    agreed sometimes i wish pet-stores would be in the business so that they can see thier animals to suceed and thrive. but now the fact of the matter is that thier only in it for the money
    I am going to behave myself... I have gotten in trouble in the past.

But yeah. Foresight involves building strong customer relations, good partnerships, and long term snake-owner bonds. Benefits everyone... just seems that most shops have a decided short sightedness.

OOOPS. I went there. DOH!
    Praying for Stinger Bees

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

OP where are you? It's ok to admit that you have bitten (no pun intended) off more than you can chew. Keep us up to date, we can help no matter what you decide to do!!! I'll bet you could find someone to swap your monster for a cute little Ball Python. Then you could use the extra room for more BP's!!!

What ever you decide to do let us know please.

Thanks

Smile Re: Tiger Python!! What have I done???

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    OP where are you? It's ok to admit that you have bitten (no pun intended) off more than you can chew. Keep us up to date, we can help no matter what you decide to do!!! I'll bet you could find someone to swap your monster for a cute little Ball Python. Then you could use the extra room for more BP's!!!

What ever you decide to do let us know please.

i completely agree with this gal right here. i say speak up in the classified section and post an ad that says "bit of more python than i could chew ~" i bet anything you could get a lovely trade out of the deal. post pictures, let this place know what's going on. these people are full of all kinds of the right information, so don't be intimidated by some of the responses you get. just know that ppl are here to help you!

GooOOOooooD luck~!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

i do agree with the people above but sadly it says in his location new england or england???
    TIME TO GRAB MY BALLS

Thanks

He hasnt replied in a few days.

Maybe it ate him.

Thanks

Maybe he got scared off when people started making assumptions.
    I don't think there's any way to determine who is at fault in this case. We don't know enough about the interaction, the buyer, or the seller. For all we know, the seller could have led him astray and told him the snake will not get very large, or that it will be easy to care for. Possibly the buyer said what he had in mind for keeping/caring for the snake and the seller said that it was adequate. If you're at a show, it's harder to do research because once you walk away from the stall, that snake could be sold. Given, they could have waited and found another snake, but some people believe in love at first site. Anyone who cares about the animals they breed and sell will give as much information about the animal as they can, and do their best to ensure the animal well be well cared for rather than just making a sale. Once, when I attempted to purchase a pair of sugar gliders, they gave me a 2 or 3 page form to fill out asking me how I would feed, house and take care of them. I realized I couldn't do it. Good on them, they lost a sale but saved their sugar gliders from a possible bad situation. Despite efforts of good animal breeders, the animals can still end up in bad situation because the sellers have to trust their own judgment on a perfect stranger - which may not always be right.
    I am glad this OP is at least trying to find out information to care for his new pet at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

The OP has no reason to be scared of this thread. No one judged them and they were given information that may have been useful.

Where I come from we call that doing research... it may be called other things in other parts of the world. I don't know. *meh*

I expected to see some harsh criticisms that did not come with a post regarding an impulse purchase that may (or may not) have been manageable.

If the OP was eaten by the snake I feel really bad for them. But if the OP is doing research and learning about said snake, that is fantastic.

Either way, I think the mention regarding the outcome is a just and fair request.

The nice thing about updates, is that they allow others to learn from the experience of members REGARDLESS of the outcome, and it lets the OP debrief and get support if they need it.

And sometimes it is just good netiquette.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by stormbourne View Post
    Maybe he got scared off when people started making assumptions.
    I don't think there's any way to determine who is at fault in this case. We don't know enough about the interaction, the buyer, or the seller. For all we know, the seller could have led him astray and told him the snake will not get very large, or that it will be easy to care for. Possibly the buyer said what he had in mind for keeping/caring for the snake and the seller said that it was adequate. If you're at a show, it's harder to do research because once you walk away from the stall, that snake could be sold. Given, they could have waited and found another snake, but some people believe in love at first site. Anyone who cares about the animals they breed and sell will give as much information about the animal as they can, and do their best to ensure the animal well be well cared for rather than just making a sale. Once, when I attempted to purchase a pair of sugar gliders, they gave me a 2 or 3 page form to fill out asking me how I would feed, house and take care of them. I realized I couldn't do it. Good on them, they lost a sale but saved their sugar gliders from a possible bad situation. Despite efforts of good animal breeders, the animals can still end up in bad situation because the sellers have to trust their own judgment on a perfect stranger - which may not always be right.
    I am glad this OP is at least trying to find out information to care for his new pet at least.
    Praying for Stinger Bees

Thanks

I doubt that the OP was eaten by a 30" snake
    0.1 JCP "Zoot"
    0.1 Greyband Kingsnake "Tansy"
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa "Rio"
    0.1 South Florida Kingsnake "Cromwell"
    0.0.2 Crested Geckos "Duck and Drake (named by my 3 year old)"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingInYellow View Post
    I doubt that the OP was eaten by a 30" snake
    Haven't you heard, it happens all the time, in the news... LOL I also love when they show pictures of ball pythons, and say that they may reach lengths of 30 ft and swallow small children. lol.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonian View Post
    im not a pro with snakes by any means, but the pet shop i worked in a while back has a 25' albino burmeese.
    I dont think burms get that big.

I think the OP is doing the right thing by at least researching now (better late then never). He still has plenty of time to remedy this situation.
    Last edited by dacalio; 06-19-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: quote didnt work doh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast