Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,427

2 members and 3,425 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

View Poll Results: Have you been bit by your BP?

Voters
3200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, more than once

734 22.94%
  • Yes, but only once

580 18.13%
  • Never and I've had at least one BP for over a year

682 21.31%
  • Never but I've only had my BP for less than a year

1,204 37.63%
Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts

Re: POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady mkrj58 View Post
    Yes my First Ball Bite last night it was a feeding accident and my fault. I tried to help her get her mouse in a better position and Had my left hand to close I had the tongs in my right hand, here is the damage from my very tiny Female Bumblebee.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Well I hope you learned your lesson.

Have fun at the ER.

KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Lady mkrj58 (03-07-2016),pariahdog (04-18-2016)

Thanks

Lesson learned lol

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks
    My bp bites me if I try to handle her after I've moved or changed her enclosure. A couple times.

Never draws blood though, she's just a baby.
    Last edited by Luxcyx; 03-10-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks
    Got bit by my ball python, Sissy, about a week after I got her. She pooped on me within 15 minutes or taking her out but kept handling her rafter I cleaned up. Put her on the bed to roam around and then went to touch her head to see what she would do and got tagged. Was standing in front of her and reached for her head and she quickly recoiled and struck. Has not done that since but I also haven't reached toward her head while I wasn't holding her.

Thanks
    He bit me once, but that was when he was younger and I was feeding him live (was working on transitioning him to f/t). He just missed the mouse and got my finger instead. It was like a tiny pinch, barely bled (I bled a LOT more from the mice/rats and they left my finger throbbing for hours...). He has otherwise never tried to strike at me.
    The prince fought valiantly.
    He slayed the dragon.
    The princess cried for days.
    She loved that dragon.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    Off-topic but still slightly related... I would hate to be bitten by Vigil (Dumeril's Boa), if she ever loses her chill. For the times I have seen her yawn, those fangs are pretty huge compared to my BP's. And she has not stopped growing yet. LOL

Otherwise, still no bites other than when Cake was a couple months old!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    my VPI Axanthic het Albino girl tagged me last night during feeding. she's super friendly but a real aggressive eater lol.

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    Well...I really wasn't afraid my new bp would bite me...until now! Lol. My boy's corn snake bit me, when he was still a baby, and he gets feisty, and had a little cage aggression for a while, but he's over that now, and never bites. My boyfriend's corn snake has never shown the slightest bit of aggression, and still doesn't even strike her food. She picks it up very gently, then sucks it down in about 5 seconds. I was told the new bp was handled regularly, and I held her before I bought her, and so did my 9 year old twins. She seems like she will do well with us. She's calm, but very curious, and loves to watch us. I'm not worried about her biting me, as much as I worry about her biting the boys. They're so used to our corns, which are sweet as can be, and climb all over us, and sniff at our faces, and go under our shirts. They don't hold the snakes without supervision, but after reading some of these, I'm still a little nervous now. I have been watching videos of angry bps, and trying to really learn their body language. I have already had a talk with the boys about the risk of getting bitten. I always tell them that any animal with a mouth can bite, and even pets that are gentle most of the time can have a bad day. I had read that bps were less likely to strike at you than a corn snake, but this thread makes me wonder if that's true. I'm sure I will worry less once I get to know the new snake better, and have more of an understanding of her behavior. She seems like such a sweet little thing, it's hard to picture her being aggressive. Hopefully, she stays this sweet. Lol

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArvadaLanee View Post
    I have been watching videos of angry bps, and trying to really learn their body language. I have already had a talk with the boys about the risk of getting bitten. I always tell them that any animal with a mouth can bite, and even pets that are gentle most of the time can have a bad day. I had read that bps were less likely to strike at you than a corn snake, but this thread makes me wonder if that's true. I'm sure I will worry less once I get to know the new snake better, and have more of an understanding of her behavior. She seems like such a sweet little thing, it's hard to picture her being aggressive. Hopefully, she stays this sweet. Lol
    As long as you don't over handle her when she is young, you should not have an issue. Also, as long as you continue to handle her, she will remain mellow.

Thanks
    My oldest male bit me for the first time ever since i've had him. it happened probably about a week and a half ago. (also my first time bit in 12 years)

He had been fasting since winter and finally ate a week prior, well I was checking temps in my enclosures with my temp gun and when I reached into his tank he wacked me.

As I would have expected, it startled the crap out of me and I hurt myself about 100% worse pulling my hand out and snagging it in a corner than what he actually did with the bite.

I dont even think it was an actual bite, maybe a strike because he did not latch on, and I only had two itty bitty dots on my hand that didn't even bleed. It was just itchy

So.. I feed him a fat arse rat and all was well
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.1 Clown BP
    1.1 Pastel YB BP
    1.0 Mojave Banana BP
    1.0 Coral Glow
    0.1 Leopard BP
    0.1 Leopard Pastel BP
    0.1 Firefly BP
    0.1 Super Pastel BP

Page 66 of 83 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast