Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,245

2 members and 3,243 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm new anddd..

Thanks

Re: I'm new anddd..

Quote Originally Posted by Butters420 View Post
    you should be worried about keeping the right temps for your snake too not just the eggs.and you should always keep them in seperate cages because of risk of spreading illness or anything like that plus it could lead to stress and failure to eat.i dont see 2 snakes attacking eachother but i guess it could be a drawback.i personally havnt began to breed and had no interest either but after seeing some of the eggs and offspring some of these people in here have produced i think im gonna try it in a few years.im sure it has a certain degree of difficulty but if you have the time and energy i dont think it should be too big of a deal.and sorry for no welcome so here it is (welcome to bp.net)always nice to have another bp enthusiest

I know snakes need to be a certain temperature also, eggs just seem so fragile. And that makes sense about keeping them in seperate cages.. But then how do they breed? Sorry if I seem so dense. Maybe I should just google this stuff. Hah. I'm starting to warm up to the breeding idea, though. Thanks for the welcome. (:

If I were to breed a female regular python and a male ivory, would I get any ivory babies? I know it depends on the mother's dominant and recessive genes, but how do I know which genes of hers are dominant and which are recessive? All of it's so confusing..

Thanks Drew for the welcome. ^_^

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragamuffin View Post
    I know snakes need to be a certain temperature also, eggs just seem so fragile. And that makes sense about keeping them in seperate cages.. But then how do they breed? Sorry if I seem so dense. Maybe I should just google this stuff. Hah. I'm starting to warm up to the breeding idea, though. Thanks for the welcome. (:

If I were to breed a female regular python and a male ivory, would I get any ivory babies? I know it depends on the mother's dominant and recessive genes, but how do I know which genes of hers are dominant and which are recessive? All of it's so confusing..

Thanks Drew for the welcome. ^_^

I honestly think you should be worried about getting your first animal and setting it up first before worrying at ALL about breeding....
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

I'm just an extremely curious person who loves to learn new things to store for future use. I'm also a dreamer.. Which means I always get little daydream bubbles where I have all the possible situations playing out.

Believe me, I'm not some person who's just trying to get into the snake business because they think of the profits. Nor am I some person who thinks something like a ball python should be handled lightly.. "Oh, I'll just keep it in my dresser and let it eat my socks." I am, however, a teenager who gets sick of using google everyday of her life. And rather talk to a person about something, than learn it from some inpersonable website. And I *am* a person who loves children. And would love to have little snake babies to watch grow up in front of my eyes. And, YES, maybe earn some of my spent money back. Because, honestly, I am far from rich.

The only reason why I haven't done PRECISE research is because I know it will be a while before I can afford one. I will take very good care of my snake, just like I do my other pets. Except to another extreme, since they are more sensitive.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being rude or snappy. I just feel as if a few of these posts have been directed to me in a negative way. I feel as if people already underestimate my ability to love and properly care for a snake.

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm just an extremely curious person who loves to learn new things to store for future use. I'm also a dreamer.. Which means I always get little daydream bubbles where I have all the possible situations playing out.

Believe me, I'm not some person who's just trying to get into the snake business because they think of the profits. Nor am I some person who thinks something like a ball python should be handled lightly.. "Oh, I'll just keep it in my dresser and let it eat my socks." I am, however, a teenager who gets sick of using google everyday of her life. And rather talk to a person about something, than learn it from some inpersonable website. And I *am* a person who loves children. And would love to have little snake babies to watch grow up in front of my eyes. And, YES, maybe earn some of my spent money back. Because, honestly, I am far from rich.

The only reason why I haven't done PRECISE research is because I know it will be a while before I can afford one. I will take very good care of my snake, just like I do my other pets. Except to another extreme, since they are more sensitive.

Sorry if it seems like I'm being rude or snappy. I just feel as if a few of these posts have been directed to me in a negative way. I feel as if people already underestimate my ability to love and properly care for a snake.

Well, you are new, you have admitted to not having any experience with the animals at all.

I don't underestimate your JOY and your EXCITEMENT for these animals at all. I can see that very much.

The questions, as they are all over the place, bear to reason that you are not sure what you want to do, and where to begin, which is why I made the suggestion to focus your attention on the basics first, then expand your knowledge.

We are all here to share and to learn!

Have fun with it. And again, welcome!
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I honestly think you should be worried about getting your first animal and setting it up first before worrying at ALL about breeding....

lady oh,i was just giving a suggestion about the breeding thing.if she gets a ball it will take awhile for it to reach maturity so shes got plenty of time to consider breeding and get her first snake under control.and a lil hint if you want ivories get 2 yellow bellys.they equal 25% ivory offspring when bred together

Thanks

Thanks for the info, guys. And I am a kinda spastic person.. My mind races and I get a million ideas at once.. A million ideas makes about 5 million questions popping into my mind.

Sorry for sorta snapping. I have a quick temper.. A trait that is common in 'redheads'. Orrr. So I'm told.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to get lots of info on Ball pythons. Tim Bailey who is a member her (Muddoc) is a breeder in your area. He is a great guy and a wealth of knowledge. Try him.

BP's dont like large enclosures unlike other snakes. If you are getting a small guy I would recommend starting off with a smaller cage, you will be fine for a while.
    It is addicting, I'll bet we will be talking about your second snake in the not to distant future.

Thanks

I was actually informed about the smaller cage via PM today. I'm so glad you guys told me about that.. I would have had no idea. All of my other pets love wide, roaming spaces.

And I honestly don't doubt that. I'm so addicted to them. I spend half my time online just looking at pictures of them.

I'm actually thinking of getting a yellowbelly (or a pair), and in a few years, maybe start breeding and hope for some ivorys (Thanks to butters' info ^_^). Even though plain ones definitely wouldn't disappoint me. The thought of watching them hatch and grow up is so appealing.

Thanks

Little ADD there lol... Snake first!!! Breeding much later!! Not to mention it's not cheap, so maybe in a few years

Thanks

Thanks for the info, guys. And I am a kinda spastic person.. My mind races and I get a million ideas at once.. A million ideas makes about 5 million questions popping into my mind.

Sorry for sorta snapping. I have a quick temper.. A trait that is common in 'redheads'. Orrr. So I'm told.
    hahha
    wow.
    im so glad there are more spastic people out there than just me... lol

firstly, well, yeah welcome!
    secondly, if you want something pretty, i would go for a pastel or a mojave ball, they are gorgeous and they dont cost an arm and a leg...
    i started with one normal, got another, then two more, then i got my het pied male, and im saving for a mojave female, so you can start out slow, and work your way up too ahha

if your wanting something outa the normal range, like i said, one of the cheaper morphs like a pastel or a mojave, you cant go wrong with them =]

good luck with your cage choosing, i completely understand the need to deco it up =] im the exact same way!
    2.0 Ball Pythons
    0.1 Red Tail Boas
    1.4 Rabbits
    0.1 German Shepherd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast