Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,229

1 members and 3,228 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: The pictures of my new rats as promised! DUW lotsa pics

Quote Originally Posted by anendeloflorien View Post
    It's ok. I was just ponderin maybe seeing if Kara would take them back but I've already gotten so danged attached to them. I think it might be better to just get one or both of them spayed or neutered and keep them together in their own tub/tank as "pets only" cuz they are sweethearts. Any idea how much it might cost for spaying/neutering on a rat? And also does anybody know of a good small animal vet in NH or a resource to find one?
    On the rat websites like AFRMA, you'll usually find a listing of good small animal vets by state. It's where I found a few good vets in my area.

Cost is all relative to location and vet.

Thanks

Adam,

If you're worried that there's any issue w/the rats, please feel free to let me know. I can swap them out, or else give you some extras to round out your group.

We maintain two separate rat colonies, with rats of a multitude of colors/patterns/flavors (grape is this month's special ), most of which are low-white in appearance, and we add new blood from trusted sources on an as-needed basis to maintain genetic diversity. It is extremely rare that we see rats with any sort of "failure to thrive" issue. If we do see problems, well, that's where the Nile croc comes in very handy. With the production that we require here, having rats with issues in our breeding colony just isn't an option.

If you just want to play it safe for your own peace of mind, I'm more than happy to hook you up with extras. By the same token, I'm also confident that you shouldn't run into any major issues with those rats as a starter for your colony.

K~

P.S. No worries on the hand...if that tooth wasn't practically sitting ON a nerve, I wouldn't have felt a thing!
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

BTW...between Kevin & myself, we have every "Stuart" skit saved on disc. One of the BEST MadTV characters of ALL TIME!!!

"Say it into the microphone."
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KLG View Post
    Adam,

If you're worried that there's any issue w/the rats, please feel free to let me know. I can swap them out, or else give you some extras to round out your group.

We maintain two separate rat colonies, with rats of a multitude of colors/patterns/flavors (grape is this month's special ), most of which are low-white in appearance, and we add new blood from trusted sources on an as-needed basis to maintain genetic diversity. It is extremely rare that we see rats with any sort of "failure to thrive" issue. If we do see problems, well, that's where the Nile croc comes in very handy. With the production that we require here, having rats with issues in our breeding colony just isn't an option.

If you just want to play it safe for your own peace of mind, I'm more than happy to hook you up with extras. By the same token, I'm also confident that you shouldn't run into any major issues with those rats as a starter for your colony.

K~

P.S. No worries on the hand...if that tooth wasn't practically sitting ON a nerve, I wouldn't have felt a thing!
    Awww, thanks Kara, thats why you're my new favorite lady (sorry right behind my girlfriend who is sitting here staring daggers into me lol) but if they are from a line that you haven't had problems with I trust you! I'm assuming most of your rats are not from brand new lines and you would notice if they had problems. I would possibly be interested in getting one or two more females in a week or two maybe when I have a chance to get back out that way and don't worry at all about "hooking me up" I've got a job for that stuff though I am starting to think maybe I should have picked a cheaper hobby. Like ummmm I don't know cocaine or meth lol j/k would never but hey then I wouldn't have to buy food for them! I love my animals too much for my own good sometimes I think Not that I think that surprises anyone around here lol
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KLG View Post
    BTW...between Kevin & myself, we have every "Stuart" skit saved on disc. One of the BEST MadTV characters of ALL TIME!!!

"Say it into the microphone."
    OMG that's awesome Kara I love Stuart (thanks for the correct SP my bad ) I've been watching his stuff like all day with my little Stuart on my shoulder poopin away
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12