Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,343

2 members and 3,341 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Thanks

Re: The REAL reason for dropping prices?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshJP7 View Post
    This competition is only going to get worse with more new breeders every year hence my beliefs the market will be based on quality looks and not supply and demand.
    I agree 100%! Sure I might be able to get a pair of pastels for $150, but what will they look like when they get to breeding size? My guess is they'll brown out and just look like normals, then I've wasted money on snakes that look just like normals.

I paid $450 for my female pastel last year when others were going for way less than that. But her blushing was unreal, and her colors were neon. And now she's up to 800g and still looks amazing. I've even had a couple of people wonder if she was a super. She is going to throw amazing babies and she will be worth paying twice what other mediocre animals were going for. And I don't think I'm alone here with placing quality over quantity.

That being said, I don't think lower prices are a bad thing. They open the market up for more people. I've been wanting to get into bps for a long long time, but it was only last year that they became affordable for me. I'm sure its the same way with others as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
    I agree 100%! Sure I might be able to get a pair of pastels for $150, but what will they look like when they get to breeding size? My guess is they'll brown out and just look like normals, then I've wasted money on snakes that look just like normals.

I paid $450 for my female pastel last year when others were going for way less than that. But her blushing was unreal, and her colors were neon. And now she's up to 800g and still looks amazing. I've even had a couple of people wonder if she was a super. She is going to throw amazing babies and she will be worth paying twice what other mediocre animals were going for. And I don't think I'm alone here with placing quality over quantity.

That being said, I don't think lower prices are a bad thing. They open the market up for more people. I've been wanting to get into bps for a long long time, but it was only last year that they became affordable for me. I'm sure its the same way with others as well.
    Thats exactly waht i was thinking.

Someone else said it earlier in the thread, animals should go for how good they look, not just the name tag that goes along with them.

I've been trying to figure out what i eventually want to have in my collection and if breeding would be the right way to get to morphs i have no hope of affording currently. Ive been looking at pastels specifically. I've seen them low, 100 for males especially..but they haven't been good looking animals. They are orange mostly and dark which I assume will turn brown and end up looking like normals as they age. BUT i've seen some amazing pastels from other breeders that are more expensive that i swore were supers and i'm just dieing to fork over the cash to get an animal that speaks to me.

this hobby should be like anything else, you should do it for the love of the hobby and not just to make money..because when its just about that you start cutting corners and thats when the poo really hits the fan as far as animal care goes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Thats exactly waht i was thinking.

Someone else said it earlier in the thread, animals should go for how good they look, not just the name tag that goes along with them.

I've been trying to figure out what i eventually want to have in my collection and if breeding would be the right way to get to morphs i have no hope of affording currently. Ive been looking at pastels specifically. I've seen them low, 100 for males especially..but they haven't been good looking animals. They are orange mostly and dark which I assume will turn brown and end up looking like normals as they age. BUT i've seen some amazing pastels from other breeders that are more expensive that i swore were supers and i'm just dieing to fork over the cash to get an animal that speaks to me.

this hobby should be like anything else, you should do it for the love of the hobby and not just to make money..because when its just about that you start cutting corners and thats when the poo really hits the fan as far as animal care goes.
    Even if not for breeding, get as nice a looking animal as you can afford if for no other reason than you are going to be cleaning its poo for the next 20 years. Every time you look at it you want to think "Yay! I'm cleaning a gorgeous animal's poo!" Rather than "Boo! You poo AND you are disappointing to look at!"

JonV

Thanks

Prices are dropping because there are more of them then there was last year. Dropping the prices is the only way to sell somthing once you sell to johny he breeds and sells his babbies for 3/4 the price or even less cutting out the guy that sold him the original.

Its competing from a buisness stand point selling for less is better then not selling at all. The prices will continue to drop and new morph prices will drop as well considering the hobby is groing and you cant sell "your" new morph when johny has some new morphs as well that look just as crazy and colorfull.

P.S. I do know a guy named johny he does not have crazy new morphs or was he the johny I was speacking of. He doesnt exist sorry I lied.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567