Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,187

3 members and 3,184 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: honestly...i can't even take it!

If an animal is fat and cutting back it's food and upping it's daily exercise isn't doing anything then it's time to see the vet. Sometimes it does mean there's something going on that needs addressed medically.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    If an animal is fat and cutting back it's food and upping it's daily exercise isn't doing anything then it's time to see the vet. Sometimes it does mean there's something going on that needs addressed medically.

That was back in 2004 and she is a happy butt kicking cat now, she did get mastitus(sp) after she weaned her kittens, but we got that cleared up, and she did go to the vet then. Healthy cat. So I don't know.

Thanks

Argh! SOunds sucky. If it makes you feel better, my neutered male cat is going berserk because this stray feral tabby is around and will not leave the farm here. Can't get within 25 feet of him/her.. but MAN does my cat want to get out! He is a housecat and won't.. but yes now he is always by the door wanting to get out to the other cat..
    Ain't life great?
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

I would have her spayed immedietly, but that's just my personal opinion!

We just had our pit mix spayed, she went into a silent heat very early and was exposed to a male dog, so this morning she went into a clinic and we don't have to worry now.

When you've been to a shelter and seen those little faces so many times . . . no. I'd rather spay and not face the thought of those little lives ending up there, which is a huge possibility in this world unfortionally.

But these are just my experiences! Don't want to offend anyone, I know some may not agree with spaying a bred animal, though its become a common practice to prevent little lives in this sadly overpopulated world.

Thanks

This story is so funny because we have a cat named Peaches who got out a few times. The TOM would come to the back door and bang on it. CRAZY STUFF!! We got her fixed and the TOM still comes around. I guess it doesnt help she sits at the back door looking at him all the time. LOL

Thanks

update.

We are due to have a litter of kitties this saturday.

I am less than thrilled but it is what it is.

It'll prolly be another story when I see those lil faces though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kc261 View Post
    Is it totally inappropriate to mention that if you do end up with little kitties, you do have a way of disposing of them?

(Just in case anyone is humor impaired, that was supposed to be 99% just joking... I reserve the other 1% because I wouldn't be judgemental of anyone that found themselves in this situation and decided to go that route... better than them ending up in a shelter.)

Do I understand that Jeff was yelling at these 2 cats... and one of them was your cat... and he didn't recognize her? Men!

Anyway, I hope your Peaches is ok. I've heard that sometimes male cats can be pretty rough, which it sounds like this guy was with the bit about biting her neck and dragging her off! Yikes!

I'm pretty sure he is intact because when they neuter cats & dogs they take the entire testicles, which (mostly) stops the hormone production which makes them (mostly) uninterested in breeding, and possibly even unable to go through the motions. At least that is the way I understand it.

No baby kitties.
    Are you serious?
    I've had a total of 8 cats over my lifetime (some with roomates that weren't mine) and all of the males that were FIXED were sweeter than life, and every single one of the females..
    Was a completely hella mean cat.
    They were like.. spawn of evil.

Haha, well yeah.. good luck with those babies. They'll be super cute I'm sure.

Thanks

Kitty aboration! lol
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MeMe View Post
    danng...they didn't with Jeff when I had him fixed! They left em in there!

omg...i am sooo totally lol right now!

well Cait said she could see "something" on the other cat. So I am gonna assume he is NOT fixed!

if he still has testicles, then he had a vasectomy and wasn't neutered. this is often done with people that breed ferrets because they will still have the hormones and go through the motions, but are shooting blanks and its a good way to get a female out of heat if you don't want her to breed.

but i digress. if she has been with the male, talk to the vet and have him spay her now before you are stuck waiting for babies to pop out.

Thanks

Good luck with your kittens! They can be tons of fun, so don't stress too much- just enjoy them.

All of the female cats I've ever had got fixed and then got fat. The vets told us that spaying female cats quite often slows their metabolisms.
    2.2.6.4 Crested Geckos
    0.1.0 Corn Snake
    1.2.0 Ball Pythons
    2.0.0 Cats
    1.1.0 Dogs
    0.0.14 Fish
    100s of Red Cherry Shrimp
    1.0.0 Husband

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast