Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,149

2 members and 3,147 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weimaraner

Thanks

Re: Weimaraner

Have you looked into viszlas? they're an all red pointer.. beautiful dogs.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

I have to say that a good majority of the ones I have seen have been very high energy. In fact, my neighbor (when I lived in Augusta) had two that she did not exercise or discipline well. They tore her house up, and one bolted out of her house and bit my son on the face. Luckily it wasn't a bad bite, but it did scratch up his cheek pretty good.

If you decide to get ANY type of dog, just be sure to socialize and disicpline it well.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Have considered a vizsla but not real keen on there look, have heard many people talk about what great hunting dogs they are but they just dont do it for me. Really think its just a matter of being so shallow (dont tell anyone).

And second the training for any dog, hope to get to the point where I can take him with me everywhere I go and dog obedience classes might just be in store!

Thanks

I have a freind at work who has a female and loves her to death, and shes met my dobie. Also in my puppy training class there was one who was the star of the class... I think they are great dogs.... But i suggest a puppy training class for sure.

Thanks

Viszla's are really nice too...they are very similar to weims, but they are a little bit smaller, hungarian vs german, and they are easily 10 times more hyper!!!! If you want a weim, get a weim Out of all my dogs my weim is definately the best one at *listening* ha. But when you have dogs from the *hound* group, listening isn't always their best attribute.

As I always say, obedience and training for any dog. Have you found any weimy breeders? www.breeders.net is a good way to find good quality breeders in your area. You search by zipcode. Also each state usually has a breed club, if you contact them they usually are more than willing to give you a list of potential good quality breeders that you can contact and really utilize in your search for the right puppy for you! Sometimes they even have year old show dogs (pre-trained.) That need a pet home after their show career has ended. And you *usually* can't find a better socialized and well trained dog.
    I am Kim......
    6 bp's, 1 cali king, 1 red footed tort, 2 cats, 2 dogs, assortment of feeders.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

I have a Viszla/Pitbull mix who is a rescue and is by far the best dog I ever had. When getting a larger dog with energy you have to give him routine excersize or he will use his energy in a destructive or negative way in many situations. Training and excersize should go hand in hand. My dog is trained like a soldier and goes with me everyday. If I need need to leave him alone for a while a good bike ride or 20 minutes of playing ball and you will have one relaxed puppy. My dog came from a trainer and he taught me excersize first, second, always enforce your dominance and third should be any affection. Most people are the otherway around and wonder why they cant control their dog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12