Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,165

3 members and 3,162 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: my pretty kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by MeMe View Post
    Awe!!! Mel, Binka is way totally cute!

I am super jealous! I only got Sierra 5 years ago and she was already grown up. I woulda loved to have had her as a lil baby!

btw...I have a 'special' blanket also...it's my woobie and I kinda sink my claws into anyone who touches it!
    Yeah, she's alot of fun for the mostpart!

Don't touch Meme's Woobie! Got it!
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
    BEEUTIFUL FUZZIES....

I wish I could have a cat...

But I'm allergic
    thanks Heather!

you don't need a cat when you have the Fuzz around!

Quote Originally Posted by monk90222 View Post
    I kinda figured that you had a "pretty kitty"....but now that I finally saw it, I can say that she is a hottie!

you make me smile Ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by python.princess View Post

Don't touch Meme's Woobie! Got it!
    exactly!

Thanks

sexy kitties! love'm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python.princess View Post
    PS- she does this weird thing with that blanket in the pic- no other blanket will do! She'll sit there and suckle it like her mama or something and knead it with her two front paws. I don't get it! But it sure is cute! When she gets in that mode, you can't make her quit! Very unfortunate when you want to use the blanket without getting claws in your skin... Anybody else's cat have weird habbits like that?
    One of our cats, who passed away a few years back at the grand old age of 18, had three very odd habits.

She was addicted to licking men's armpits! LOL Sounds freaky I know but she would not leave men alone, especially in the summertime and especially if they slept in a position where she could get to their armpits. I don't know if it was some sort of over blown grooming reflex or she just liked the taste of sweaty pits but we really never did break her of it.

She had that same sort of nursing thing too. From the time she was a kitten she would attach herself to a certain bathrobe I had and starting madly nursing and doing that paw kneading thing on it. Not much fun to be trying to drink your morning coffee and you've got the crazy cat attached to you LOL. Eventually she literally ruined my nice bathrobe. I made sure when I replaced it to pick another material and she completely stopped the habit. I think something about the fabric must have felt like her momma.

Her last funny habit was what we called "crazy hour". She's be just laying around, doing nothing then suddenly bolt upright, glare around in a very hyper state and take off at a full run. She's literally bounce off furniture, scatter newspaper, vault on to and over the dog...it was hilarious! Then as suddenly as it started, she'd stop, groom herself and have a nap. She did this pretty much from her kittenhood well past 10 years of age and only stopped it when she literally became too old to move quite that fast.

She was my best furry friend. I miss her still. She's been gone a long time now and I've yet to feel right about getting another cat in the house.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lenastorms View Post
    sexy kitties! love'm
    muchos gracias chicas!

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    She was my best furry friend. I miss her still. She's been gone a long time now and I've yet to feel right about getting another cat in the house.
    awe...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't know how I missed this Meme - she's gorgeous! Sadly, I'm allergic to Siamese kitties. Their fur seems to be a different texture than other cats, and I break out into hives and my eyes swell shut. If I know I'm going to be around a Siamese - I'll take some benadryl and I'll be fine.

Took me forever to make the connection that it was Siamese kitties (I worked in a vet clinic when I was in high school and baby sat for someone with a Siamese cat). I thought at first it might be flea medicine (this was before Frontline - and people used powder) that was causing this, but it's definitely just Siamese kitties. It's a shame, beause they are so gorgeous. I can be in the same room with them, I just can't pet them or I'm toast. And who can honestly say they aren't going to pet the pretty kitty?

Thanks

That is very interesting Robin. I didn't know that about the fur.

I have had a few different types of cats growing up and I would take a siamese over any of them!

They are way pretty.. and I just really like their attitudes.

Thanks

I posted it in Robin's thread on her new cat, but I totally blame you too Miss MeMe! I'm off to the store to buy the kitten supplies and I have a call into a local rescue group that has kittens that need good homes.

I couldn't resist any longer (actually I've been thinking about it for years to be honest). We'll see if the just right kitten is out there for our family but at least if I have the supplies on hand, we're ready when we find it.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    I posted it in Robin's thread on her new cat, but I totally blame you too Miss MeMe! I'm off to the store to buy the kitten supplies and I have a call into a local rescue group that has kittens that need good homes.

I couldn't resist any longer (actually I've been thinking about it for years to be honest). We'll see if the just right kitten is out there for our family but at least if I have the supplies on hand, we're ready when we find it.

there is a kitten out there for you Jo!!!

don't fight the urge any longer!

go...go and find your new kitty!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MeMe View Post

there is a kitten out there for you Jo!!!

don't fight the urge any longer!

go...go and find your new kitty!!!

The cat rescue lady phoned while I was at the pet store buying kitten supplies! Left me a really nice message though detailing all the various kittens they have available from this big rescue they did over in Sandusky from a person "overwhelmed" with cats. I'm sure we'll find a lovely kitten there. She makes sure they have their shots, de-wormed, frontlined and everything before they go to their forever homes.

Now we're just playing phone tag to set up a time to go look at some kitties!
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast