Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,391

1 members and 3,390 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: Herpstat tales

Thanks

Herpstat tales

So I thought I'd just share this is with everybody.

I had a herpstat II thermostat fail off on me a while ago. I talked to George about it, and then I agreed to bring in so Dion could take a look at it in the future.

So I bring it in, and George tells me at the show he thinks that it might have overheated and that set off the resetable fuse. So of course, now that I've taken it to the show, the fuse has reset and then it works fine. We decide for Geroge to take it back and have it looked at, since it's possible the fan may have caused the overheat.

George looks at the serial number and tells me it's the 28th of that model made and I probably bought it from Dion himself at Tinley. (I do recall buying one of the several that I have at Tinley one year, so it was probably this one).

I get the model back the next day in the mail. Dion tells me he was able to recreate the fan failure and that he found....

2 dead feeder crickets inside of it

So he did a couple of fixes, upgraded the firmware and sent it back to me.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Re: Herpstat tales

LOL... Not the first time food has caused something major like that. Good to know you got it all fixed and that it failed OFF.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Re: Herpstat tales

That is awesome. I LOVE Spyder robotics. I had a Herpstat ND that was running my rack, and I was working on the heat tape. Stupid me, I forgot to unplug the line above where i was working, and it all wasn't taped back down. I set a pair of pliers on the contacts by accident, lights out. It threw the breaker in the room. I turned the breaker back on, and reset the Herpstat. It just stayed on. Thermometer worked, and the alarms worked, but it wasn't turning the power off. Emailed Spyder, and he said send it to him with the 6 bucks to send it back and he'd look at it. The dead short had fried the triac (part that controls the power). He fixed it and sent it back. All in all it cost me $12 to have it fixed (shipping both ways). These guys are great, and I now have a Herpstat Pro. I love it.

1.2 Pastel BP
    1.0 Spider BP
    1.0 Cinimmon BP
    1.0 Albino Bp
    1.0 Mojave BP
    0.12 Normal BP