Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,364

1 members and 3,363 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: My Cat/Dog

Thanks

Smile My Cat/Dog

http://files.dogster.com/pix/cats/27...1123644582.jpg
    This is Salem. He thinks he is a dog.He doesn't like any other cat or dog on our property. He will chase them. He's an awesome boy though. Another pet my Boy Friend got for us. We got him about a year after we moved into our house. My Boy Friend went to the shelter to get a cat. He said he didn't want any cat. He wanted the cat to pick him & that is what Salem had done. My Boy Friend walked by cages & ignored all the cats & he said Salem just reach out & grabbed him with all his claws. It took my boy friend 3 months to break Salem out of the shelter. The shelter people knew my Boy Friend & thought that he would either feed Salem to a snake or take Salem to his work. He works
    in a research lab. When Salem finally came home, he didn't really care for my boy friend & instead picked out my youngest daughter
    as his owner. He loves to sleep with her at night. He also goes out in the morning with her to wait for her Bus & then comes in the house. He also seems to know when her bus is coming home.
    He'll ask to go out 15 mins. before the bus & sit there & wait til she comes home & then comes in. He also like to go for walks with me & the dogs. He loves to trot behind us & the nieghbors think that is hilarious!
    http://files.dogster.com/pix/cats/27...1123644663.jpg
    He does have his faults though. When I am out gardening, he'll come out too. He just loves to catch my Garter Snakes! Yes, he does try to eat most of 'em. I try to catch him before he does. though. He also loves when it is feeding time for the snakes I have. He can be such a pain about it, that He sometimes has to be put outside.
    Oh, Did I also mention? He is totally housebroken too! He goes out when I let the dogs out & then comes back in & does not really like using his litter box. He rather go outside for his business.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic8383_1.gif

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: My Cat/Dog

Nice looking cat.Its also a nice thing you saved him from the shelter .When we went to the shelter where we got Gabby from she just kinda drew us to her .
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Re: My Cat/Dog

Awe; I am a sucker for black cats. I wonder if he's relatied to mine? I guess so, since I read that the black cat was actually a genetic mutation that passed on for generations. So maybe all black cats are related then? Cute cat, he sounds like a character!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.