Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,232

2 members and 3,230 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
    Thanks

So I'm a little angry.

My milk has been off feed for the last two weeks because of a shed. He shed 100% cleanly tonight and I go to the freezer to FINALLY get some food in the poor guy, and the employee at the store gave me the wrong size feeder. It's too large to feed, so now I have to take a frozen rodent in to work with me tomorrow (That'll go over great) so I can return it after work. Not to mention, the snake doesn't get to eat tonight.

This is probably the third time this has happened. I have *GOT* to start looking in the bag before walking out of the store...

Sorry. Needed to vent. I hate irresponsible and unknowledgeable employees... And I hate myself for not double-checking their work.

Thanks

Re: So I'm a little angry.

just to play devil's advocate, they probably don't know what size your snake is so you can't expect them to know what size rodent to get. the only reason i say this is because i work in a pet store and deal with it all the time. i totally understand why you're frustrated tho! poor guy is probably hungry ..have fun at work tomorrow? heh..
    -- alex
    0.2 Normal BP
    1.1 Pastel BP
    0.2 Pound Puppies

Thanks

They asked me what size I wanted and I told them. I don't make them guess.

Thanks

oh, well then poo on them for sure! i would have gotten you the right size, i promise.
    -- alex
    0.2 Normal BP
    1.1 Pastel BP
    0.2 Pound Puppies

Thanks

It's a good lesson to double-check what you are buying before you leave the store. In the end, and not to be harsh here, but it is you that has to be the responsible party. You can't depend on a busy pet store employee when it comes to the wellbeing of your snake, especially when they have a pattern at this store of selling you the incorrect size.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Size is relative. I bet you will look in the bag next time. Can I ask why the look of amazment at the plastic fork?

Don't get angry over it, life is to short to be pissed over something like that.

Dave

David Perkins Reptiles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    It's a good lesson to double-check what you are buying before you leave the store. In the end, and not to be harsh here, but it is you that has to be the responsible party. You can't depend on a busy pet store employee when it comes to the wellbeing of your snake, especially when they have a pattern at this store of selling you the incorrect size.
    You're right. That's exactly why I said I need to start checking the bag and that I was mad at myself for not looking. I will definitely be doing it from now on. It's just frustrating when I'm the only customer in the store and I tell them what size I need. And I know every store considers a "fuzzy" or a "pinky" or whatever, to be different sizes. They aren't universal. But this is the store I always go to so I told them what size I needed according to THEIR size charts. There just shouldn't have been a mix up. It was a silly little mistake, but it gets tiring after a while.

Thanks

I'd suggest a word with the store manager. They are putting you to an inconvenience. Obviously, you do have to check their work though if they did it correctly, you wouldn't have to but it seems their history is to sell you incorrect sizes. I'd be having a word with that store manager and making it quite clear that you are wasting your time, your snake is going without a meal and having to run back to the store is wasting gas that's far too expensive these days. I'd certainly be looking for some sort of store credit for your inconvenience and time/money wasted as well as a better level of customer service in the future. You might also mention you will be speaking with your wallet in future by taking your business elsewhere if they can't do a better job of keeping regular customers happy.
    ~~Joanna~~