Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,367

4 members and 3,363 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Share Pictures of your horses! DUW

Two neighbors have horses and I've taken a few photo's of them.

I got up these guys as the sun was setting, so they would be silhouetted yet have enough light to highlight their manes.

The grass is always greener on the other side...

"If I were stranded on a desert island and could only have one book, record and person...I'd probably die of exposure."

czphotography

Thanks

Here is a pic of Indi, my ASB/TB cross from last Friday...
    Silly pic./ LOL

Here are some pics of some of the young horses

here is a pic of Spartacus a pinto gelding I own

And here is Pride my husbands KMH mare

Thanks

lovely pictures all thanks for sharing :0

Thanks

Random pasture picture of a riding place near where i used to board.

I started riding when my mom was pregnant with me (lol.. seriously she rode until the day she delivered) I had my first horse when I was about 3. It was an appaloosa strawberry roan mare, sweetest old thing, i wish i could find pictures of me on her.. i do have some packed of my sisters on her.

I wish I were more of a shutterbug when I had the horses!

First is Pokey (registered name SnowProof) He was the first thoroughbred I ever had, in fact I leased him for a LONG time.. I was about 13 when I started leasing him. He was the one who started my love for OTTB (off track thoroughbreds) His current owner (also name Ashley) allows me to still ride him to this day whenever I ask. Hes pure muscle and has always loved to please!

Majik (registered name Majestic Damascus) was also an OTTB, she was a total idiot when we first got her but was totally up for every challenge I faced her with. I was devastated when my parents sold her.. still to this day I cant get a straight answer on why they did it.. I paid for everything (board, shoes, feed, exc) I did everything with her rodeo, equitation, western pleasure, trail, exc.. i LOVED her.

Timmy (registered name Here comes Nelson) also OTTB, was a stallion when I got him, he was the MOST RELAXED stallion I have ever seen. He was always such a gentleman, I rode him around mares in heat, up and down the streets in Davie where we live and never once did he act up the way typical stallions do. He had a cracked sesmoid from racing and became a lesson horse when we sold him, they gelded him fairly quickly despite his wonderful disposition they couldnt "risk" him being bad. pictures of pictures never come out very well.

Koodoes to someone who can tell me whats wrong with this picture lol

Tracker (registered paint horse/QH) 2yo
    was a total nut case!! He would rear straight up and flip over with you on him no problem. Had the ugliest Ewe neck too... His face markings were pretty though. I had to sell him after I got pregnant with our first son, he was just too much of a risk to get on. By the time I sold him though I was able to ride him down the road with no problems (most of the time) He had his off days though

Wyoming (QH) was one of my clients horses, the FATTEST horse ive ever worked with.. he was very nice though once you got passed his stubbornness.

Cappachino (QH: registered name "Sleepy Hollow") was also one of my clients horses, he was the biggest QH ive ever seen!! He had the most amazing lope but the most ridiculously lazy jog/trot. He was also very clumsy. He was over 16h. My SO road him more then I did... at the time I had Timmy to work with, I would rather work on my horse and Darren LOVED Cap.

Darren swung up on him!!! Keep in mind Darren is only about 5' 10"

Thanks

LOL!!! No girth!!!

Great pics Ashley...it's obvious you really love working with the OT's...thanks for putting some time into what many people consider "throwaways."
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

Got it Kara lol.. we had just put the saddle on him with the first pad we found for the picture hahaha.. it wasnt until we printed them did i realize how noticeable the lack of girth was. Thanks for the compliment Kara.. im glad I have at least one photo of every horse ive owned, i have big albums of them but taking pictures of pictures never come out as nice. When the boys get older we WILL get another OTTB, I LOVE THEM!!! their spirit, their grace, knowing I saved them, exc.. i love thoroughbreds!!! Watching them go from insane to nice riding horse is an amazing transformation and quite an accomplishment. I did alot of Natural horsemanship with all of them. Rope halter, savvy string, using body to push theirs, never really rode in much other then a D or O ring snaffle. I did however ride Majik with a tiedown when we raced, she had flipped on me a few times.. her rodeo career didnt last long, she made a MUCH nicer trail, equitation, western pleasure horse then a rodeo horse... her head just wasnt there to do rodeo and it wasnt fair for me to push her either. She was so eager to please!!

The tomthumb on Pokey was what his new owner rides him in.. and the bridle Tracker had on was the day we got him from his first owner, I typically rode him on some kind of snaffle.

Thanks

This is OZ, an SPCA horse a buddy of mine owns, I ride him for them every once in awhile. Obviously I played around with the colors lol

Big ole' pregnant mare named "Airtime" according to her halter plate... shes at a TB retirement stable near where we live
    (if you dont get im a sucker for TBs you never will lol)

Some Rodeo pictures Ive taken, they are about a year old now... Its sooo hard to take photo in this arena, its so dark in there!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I am loving all the pix, guys. The ones of your neighbor's horses, panther, are really beautiful. I have to ask, Ashley-- do they call her Airtime because she bounces like a gigantic beach ball???? Cute cute horses.

My standardbreds are OTT also. There is something great about a retired racehorse....

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic
    0.1 Blue Beauty-- Anna Sewall

Thanks

This is Knight our 29.5 inch mini stallion.

Knight son Dance

Kight's daughter Deliliah. Deliiliah is only 27" tall at one year old. These photos are not the best but show our little one
    1:1 Mojaves 1:1 Cinnamon :1 Pinstripe :1 Spider :6 Normal :1 Albino 1: Butter :1 pastel :1 yellow belly :1 100% het albino

Thanks

Oh i love all the pictures, that broodmare looks like she is going to pop at any moment! and the minis...oh i'd love to have a mini! I am not sure what the dogs would think about that...they are just now getting used to the LARGE horses in the field, much less a tiny one.
    I am Kim......
    6 bp's, 1 cali king, 1 red footed tort, 2 cats, 2 dogs, assortment of feeders.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast