Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,280

1 members and 3,279 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: We got a scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by edie View Post
    Sometimes potting soils can have chemicals or other substances that may harm insects, unless you look carefully at what is in the soil. When I kept arachnids 100% peat moss is what I kept them on (you can get a big bail of it for like $7, it lasts forever), another good idea to keep humidity up is to add vermiculite to peat moss, this will keep moisture very well.
    Yeah, we aren't using typical potting soil, like Ashley said, we got it from the pet store. The big block type thing.

Why don't you have them anymore?

Thanks

Re: We got a scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
    Yeah, we aren't using typical potting soil, like Ashley said, we got it from the pet store. The big block type thing.

Why don't you have them anymore?
    The block from the pet store is great to use, I just didn't know thats what you meant when you said potting soil. I got a brick once but never used it because expanding it was too much work for me! But if you do ever have problems with humidity then vermiculite mixed in works great, it absorbs tons of water.

I had about 50 different tarantulas (around 30 different species) and 20 or so scorpions (4 different species) and a handful of other arachnids/insects. It just became too much work for me to care for them and the snakes, plus I traded a bunch of my tarantulas for snakes.

I still have one tarantula, he matured out over 2 years ago and is still hanging in there! Hes a Grammostola rosea - rose hair tarantula

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12