Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,329

3 members and 3,326 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'll start a horse thread! Quiz... :)

How many horses do you have?

What are their names and ages and breeds?

Do you ride them/ drive them/ or are they companions?

How often do you work with them?

What do you love to do with them?

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic
    0.1 Blue Beauty-- Anna Sewall

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: I'll start a horse thread! Quiz... :)

I have two of my own and one leased that is going home soon because I am not going to buy him.

Will is a nine year old gelding, welsh cob x appy and Velvet is a five year old retired standardbred who didn't make it on the track because she refused to pace and cantered every single day they trained her.

I ride Will every day. He is my dressage horse and he and I are a good team. We mix it up and get out with trailriding too. Velvet, alas, is on and off lame and is a hot and misbehaving kind of a girl. I haven't been able to keep her in work long enough to help her to get steady. Hoping that will happen this summer.

woops. I answered that above.

I really love everything with them. I love a great canter out in the back fields. Love riding a great dressage test in the ring. I love grooming and hanging out and scooping stalls. Maybe my favorite favorite thing is when my horse and I have a connection, which is more than me just holding the reins and communicating with their mouth but the elastic connection that holds all of their energy in my hands. It is so alive and warm and I live for that every ride...
    Last edited by ZinniaZ; 05-24-2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: i screwed up the quote feature

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic
    0.1 Blue Beauty-- Anna Sewall

Thanks

Two

Jonza, 13 year old Standardbred Mare, & Chief, 25 year old Standardbred Gelding

I ride Jonza, although lately she's being a twit, so we are redoing some of her basic training, which means groundwork! Chief is retired from everything, and just eats grass in the field He raced for about 14 years and earned about $355k dollars in his racing career (not for me unfortunately). Jonza is also a retired racer, though she wasnt a very good one, she was sent to be a brood mare...and wasnt a very good broodmare. She was a good mom, she just was hard to bred, she only had 2 babies, although they bred her like 10 times.

Jonza, practically every day.

I love Dressage....but I'm happy just to hang out with them. Horses have always calmed me and made me happy. Having them in the back field is just great.
    I am Kim......
    6 bp's, 1 cali king, 1 red footed tort, 2 cats, 2 dogs, assortment of feeders.....

Thanks

How many horses do you have? 2 mares.

Emma; tovero patterned pinto. She's about 10 years old.
    Cuesta; solid chestnut paint, APHA, registerable but I have not yet. Granddaughter of Doc Bar, out of Docs Malbec x Bad Reputation. 10 y.o.

We ride Cuesta. Emma is goung to a summer camp for training, as she is a little beyond our abilities now. Handling, both are fine.

I just love having them and being able to go right out back and spend time with them Winter is tough, but now they are mostly living outside.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well horses are my moms passion so we as a family have

1.0 tri colored paint gilding named hause
    0.1 rescued mustang named dixie
    1.0 Arabian gilding named Echo
    3.2 quater horses named Ap, Jet, Franky, Buck, Molly,
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

That's cool FF, that your family has a rescued horse. I am all for rescuing, and in fact our 2 were technically rescues as well..

Our mare Emma..I swear, you would think that she might mellow with age? We got her when she was 7, and she's about 11 now.. nope! There are weanlings that I would say are calmer than she is But Cuesta is awesome. My husband rides her with just a halter and sometimes not even any leadropes..I am working up to that. See I have not really ridden in awhile, and the plan is that we are sending Emma to camp for a few months and I will work with Cuesta during that time. I have not much to work on with regards to her.. it is ME that needs the mileage! But riding one horse when you have two, that are buddy sour, alone.. it is impossible for me right now. Other horse fLIPS OUT and will ltierally try to CRAWL OUT of the stall or jump the fence if I try and work one!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gin Dixie is not for the light hearted. She goes from 0 to whooo damn it!!! in 0.5 seconds flat. She swivels in the middle like a butter fly knife and from time to time does a great Mexican Jumping bean impersonation. I have earned more than my share of frequent flyer miles when get gets spooked. The mustang and burro rescue come to town every year and we go to see the horses but she is the only one we have ever gotten.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZinniaZ View Post
    Between mom and I we have 4

We have Knight, a black stallion, miniature, 7 years old 29" tall
    Mini a mare 10 years old, miniature 33.5" tall
    Knight's and Mini's first foal Dance who is a mini appy who is about 30" and about 2 y.o
    then last but not least Delilah our pintoloosa from knight and mini. She is one year old and about 27"

Knight is trained to drive. 2 years ago he won top 7 in the USA for AMHR driving
    Mini is not trained to do anything except eat. We plan on showing Delilah

How often do you work with them? 1-3 x's a week

I love to watch them run around the yard
    1:1 Mojaves 1:1 Cinnamon :1 Pinstripe :1 Spider :6 Normal :1 Albino 1: Butter :1 pastel :1 yellow belly :1 100% het albino

Thanks

Chance- 14 yr old Palomino Quarter Horse
    Duchess- 15 yr old Brown Saddlebred
    they are mostly trail horses and western pleasure although I use Chance for Engish pleasure as well
    Chance was being worked every other day for about 6 months and now both get ridden about once or twice a week. Chance gets ground work almost everyday though.
    I love just taking them out for trail rides.

If you couldn't tell Chance is my horse (Duchess is my moms) and I spend alot of time with him. haha

Please Help My Eggies!
    Click on them to help them grow.
    ~Cassie~

Thanks

I'm filling this out for my late horse, MoJo, and the horses we currently have at my house.

I had one, my step-dad has 2, and a friend keeps his horse at our house.

My horse was MoJo (It's a True Moon, Quarter horse apendix), my step-dad has Truck (Quarter) and Cutter (Paint), and I do not know the name of the other horse that lives here.

My horse MoJo was a big show horse before I had him, and I showed him at a couple local shows and we were the Maricopa County High-Point Champs in Hunter/Jumper when we were 14 (he was a couple months older than me). My step-dad enters some roping/team penning competitions on his horses, and we have steers and a shoot for roping in our arena.

My horse was my baby, I rode him 5-6 days a week, and saw him everyday for grooming and stall cleaning. My step-dad maybe rides a couple times a month.

I loved taking riding lessons with my horse, I placed first in every hunter equitation event we entered in so I worked really hard on how I worked with and looked on the horse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast