Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,092

0 members and 3,092 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our cat Gabby

Thanks

Re: Our cat Gabby

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons View Post
    Aww cant be that bad
    Well, I dont think he's that bad anymore...but he used to be satan on four legs. He would get this look and just attack with all four feet full of claws, with teeth bared. I have many scars from him. He has also been known to *spray* poo on you if you make him mad. Unfortunately I've been the victim of this one too many times.

If you didnt want him kneeding you when you sleep and try to push him away he'd attack. If you try to spray him with a water bottle to say tell him to get off the counter he will attack.

And its not an *instant* thing, its a calculated attack
    He will turn his head to look at you in the eye, and THEN attack. Its really sorta creepy to see, and he's very quite about it too.

That being said. I know his *moods* and know when not to push his buttons. He hasnt attacked me in a couple of years...but apparantly the other day he did attack my grandfather. Grandpa was telling him what to do....*big* mistake.

I've never met a cat like him....and hope i never do . I do really like him though , but many people wouldnt be able to keep a cat like that.
    I am Kim......
    6 bp's, 1 cali king, 1 red footed tort, 2 cats, 2 dogs, assortment of feeders.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by equis8 View Post
    Well, I dont think he's that bad anymore...but he used to be satan on four legs. He would get this look and just attack with all four feet full of claws, with teeth bared. I have many scars from him. He has also been known to *spray* poo on you if you make him mad. Unfortunately I've been the victim of this one too many times.

If you didnt want him kneeding you when you sleep and try to push him away he'd attack. If you try to spray him with a water bottle to say tell him to get off the counter he will attack.

And its not an *instant* thing, its a calculated attack
    He will turn his head to look at you in the eye, and THEN attack. Its really sorta creepy to see, and he's very quite about it too.

That being said. I know his *moods* and know when not to push his buttons. He hasnt attacked me in a couple of years...but apparantly the other day he did attack my grandfather. Grandpa was telling him what to do....*big* mistake.

I've never met a cat like him....and hope i never do . I do really like him though , but many people wouldnt be able to keep a cat like that.
    Thats not a cat its a wolverine
    Joe Haggard

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Wolverine-- yes, that is apt.

I'll tell you, my parents gave Abner to me when he was about a year old, thinking he needed a more busy family because he was terrorizing their house and their elderly cat. So they thought-- heck, Zinnia has lots of kids and critters-- he won't be bored there!

Well. He holed up in the bathroom closet for about a week and refused to come out. He scared my kids so badly they refused to go into the bathroom. He would scream and howl if anyone walked into the bathroom and do sneak attacks if you got too close to the closet. Seriously scary cat.

He gradually got better but he terrorized my top dog one too many times. He attacked her multiple times and she would be dripping blood. PUDDLES of blood. She decided that he needed to die, so it was all out war. I was sure Abner would die or he would kill Breezy's pups. He stalked them.

So, lucky equis, she had asked a long time ago if she could have him so I offered him to her and she took him. Honestly, I don't know that he could exist in very many homes. He would have been ok here if he hadn't made war with my dog. I am glad he has settled and glad he is able to be in a stable home. But wow. What a cat.

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic
    0.1 Blue Beauty-- Anna Sewall

Thanks

And, I've had him atleast 4 years now So I sorta had to learn quick how to get on his *good* side. He can be such a nice kitty, but as i was telling Zinnia.....he still gives me that *look* but its almost like he has decided *NOT* to attack me, that I am ok even if I piss him off.

Anyways...enough about my satan cat Anyone else have some kitties...maybe some more nice fluffy ones that love their people without maiming them?
    I am Kim......
    6 bp's, 1 cali king, 1 red footed tort, 2 cats, 2 dogs, assortment of feeders.....

Thanks

Joe Haggard

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I have to say, Gabby is gorgeous. I would take her home in a heartbeat.

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic
    0.1 Blue Beauty-- Anna Sewall

Thanks

CUTE kitties! I love cats and would never be without one. I will get pics of my brat up here soon.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZinniaZ View Post
    I have to say, Gabby is gorgeous. I would take her home in a heartbeat.
    Thanks .You would have a hard time trying to remove her

Quote Originally Posted by Ginevive View Post
    CUTE kitties! I love cats and would never be without one. I will get pics of my brat up here soon.
    Cool
    Joe Haggard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12