Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,299

1 members and 3,298 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

OK I think I finally have it right

Got my new cage from Beeger Boxes

Running a herpstat II with a UTH in the middle of the two cages (Beeger put in a middle glass bottom for me) running at 92 degrees. I have a CHE for an ambient temp of 82 degrees. He's eating well, a fuzzy mouse every week. I've taken him out and he handles very well. He shows not sign of stress or fear. I think his throat has gone down (his throat was distended previously for some unknown reason, no sign of RI). Still no name though

Thanks

Re: OK I think I finally have it right

Wow! It's so great to hear from you and see that your special boa is doing better!!
    Very nice cage! Does that middle insert come out? All looks good, but maybe something to climb on; a branch or something? Also, some plastic plants/ I don't know, I was thinking of things to enrich his environment~ even R-complex brains need enrichment

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

yes that's one of the best things, the middle insert is removable. cool that it has locking doors too. Actually he does a climbing stick with plastic plants not shown in the picture. click on the pix will give you a better view

I just made an order from big cheese for some ft. far cheaper even with shipping than I can get locally. might have to find someone local to get rid of some extra frozen fuzzies if 6-8 months is their shelflife

Thanks

I just got a big order from Big Cheese a couple weeks ago. I like to keep them for no longer than 6 months in the deep freezer; so I always order a five month supply. In all, I will order from Big Cheese again since their prices are really good. I must say though, if you can afford it, The Mouse Factory wins- hands down

VERY nice cage! How old is your boy? I have a female coming shortly and she's only about 6 weeks old and is eating fuzzy rats. I have another female who is 8 months old and eating Big Cheese weanlings and I have another female who I just got and who is a year old and is also eating weanlings.
    I'm thinking they must jump from fuzzy to pup pretty quickly....
    Anyway, great to see everything is going so well!! Yours is such a neat story!

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thanks. Breeder says he was born on 7/27/07, so he's 10 months old. This is my first experience mail ordering ft mice. Local petco has "Gourmet Rodent" mice for $1.70 each. Only costing me about 83 cents each for my bulk order. Both snakes are taking the ft with no problems. The corn was my one concern, have been feeding him live since he was a baby. Hopefully this will be the one male in the house that doen't get too big

Thanks

You're giving him fuzzy mice at 10 months???
    I don't think that is anywhere near enough!!

~~McKinsey~~