Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,950

0 members and 2,950 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

FREEDOM Breeder ?'s

hi peoples im new i use to own bps but got into boas and am getting back into bps i had a question about freedom breeder if anyone can help i was wondering if they came with the tubs and also if the regular cb 70 is good for adults or do i go with the cb 70-8 also what is good for babys

also another lol i was reading his site and noticed only the back is heated but my room temp isn't so good do you guys know if i can get the 11 inch panel with it instead of the 3 i will be contacting customer service but thought mabey you'll could help

Thanks

Re: FREEDOM Breeder ?'s

Aren't FB's open all around? If your room temp is cool, wouldn't you want to use a rack system that was enclosed...like RBI's?

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

You cannot use FB racks in rooms that are not heated and humidified. Definitely go with racks made by Boaphile, Animal Plastics, RBI, etc since they are enclosed and will better insulate the tubs.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

alright guys i didn't come here for a lecture i am sure about this i have looked into a humidifier and to get a heater for the room i was just asking if maybe the 11 inch would help anyway i still need to know if they come with tubs again this isn't new to me i do research

Thanks

I don't see anywhere where that was a lecture.. I was just stating that No, you cannot use them in non-heated, non-humidified rooms.

I believe they do come with tubs, but it would be best to ask FB that question. Backheat isn't very efficient and belly heat would be best. I'm sure they could put belly heat on for you, since I've seen some of the FBs do have 3-4" flexwatt as belly heat.

Have fun heating the room to 80 (wouldn't be hard here, just open the window)
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

You're 16 but getting 'back into' BP's??

One call to FB could answer all your product questions. Lindy is a very nice guy and is more than happy to chat usually.

Cheers,
    Kat

Thanks

If you've ever looked at a FB rack, you would know that a level top is just a wire mesh, making it almost impossible to maintain any heat or humidity. Leading us to point out that you need to have a climate controlled room to properly use the FB racks.

Otherwise an enclosed rack like RBI is a great choice when you don't have a room to spare.

Yea, how long have you been out of BP's?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by janeothejungle View Post
    HA!!!!

Thanks

About 3 years.Thanks for the answer and your looking out for me and the snakes i under stand,but as you said if i open the window the room will get up.I live in California it gets around 100+ here.I have solutions for the rack too what would you tell some one with an aquarium? Cover the top. if misting doesn't work i will through a ply wood or actually a better insulating type of board on the back of it and cover the screening a bit.Also i believe that there rack are heated with a heat panel on the bottom (belly heat) and it could be the 3 or 11" one i would rather have too much then too little heat also a hot room could probably be humidified by adding a tub of water in there i will mist if that's what it takes.Believe me before i make a choice i do research and i will be testing temps with thermos and an infrared for floor heat and ceiling heat i will add a tub of water and see what the humidity reads i will be buying the racks within this month or the next i just think 500+the cost of tubs is ridiculous for a 10 tub rack system when i could buy a couple sets of fb's CB-70's to fit my needs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Husalah 559 View Post
    About 3 years.Thanks for the answer and your looking out for me and the snakes i under stand,but as you said if i open the window the room will get up.I live in California it gets around 100+ here.I have solutions for the rack too what would you tell some one with an aquarium? Cover the top. if misting doesn't work i will through a ply wood or actually a better insulating type of board on the back of it and cover the screening a bit.Also i believe that there rack are heated with a heat panel on the bottom (belly heat) and it could be the 3 or 11" one i would rather have too much then too little heat also a hot room could probably be humidified by adding a tub of water in there i will mist if that's what it takes.Believe me before i make a choice i do research and i will be testing temps with thermos and an infrared for floor heat and ceiling heat i will add a tub of water and see what the humidity reads i will be buying the racks within this month or the next i just think 500+the cost of tubs is ridiculous for a 10 tub rack system when i could buy a couple sets of fb's CB-70's to fit my needs
    Well dude, if you're in the 559 (as I am), then it's not quite so easy as 'I live in Cali'. I have FB racks and they are not easy to keep warm in the winter. Humidity is always a problem. As to calling up FB, since they are just up the road in Turlock, it shouldn't be too hard to get ahold of them. As to cost, since the last time I checked, CB70's were in the 1k range for a 10 tub rack system, I don't see how you're doing the math on that one.

http://www.freedombreeder.com/cage.php?cageID=23

Good luck with your project.

~Kat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast