Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,947

1 members and 2,946 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

Banana, Coral Glow, and Whitesmoke

So I was under the impression that the people working with the Coral Glows and Bananas thought they were different morphs, although after looking into it a little, it seems like that's not really the case

So I have a question about them though....I hear that they are some kind of dominant or co-dom trait. Is the Whitesmoke the super version of the coral glow? And if so- are there any Whitesmoke pictures?
    That's all I've been able to think about since I first heard the CG and Banana are co-dom! What's the super look like??! lol
    1.0 Spouse Stephen
    0.1 Normal BP Ulitakiwa aka Uli

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Banana, Coral Glow, and Whitesmoke

I'm not very sure on this... but I think there are 2 different morphs that have been called banana. One in the US and one in Europe.
    Casey

Thanks

If you look on NERD's page under Coral Glow, it will say aka Whitesmoke (VPI is now working with a Pastel Whitesmoke from NERD). Its the same morph with two assumed names. Now the banana project is owned by another few breeders (Douglas Matuszak, Will Slough, Greg Graziani and maybe a few others), like any other "line" of a morph they were entitled to call it what they want when it proved genetic.

To my knowledge there haven't been supers created out of the Coral Glow or Banana, so as of now they are co-dominant mutations, because they reproduce themselves when bred to a wild-type animal. I'm sure IF there is a super we should see one this year, but I'm going to venture a guess and say that those morphs are dominant like a spider.

There is a "Banana" that is a European morph, but it looks relatively normal in color, however I'm sure it will make some cool morphs.
    Jason

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jknudson View Post
    If you look on NERD's page under Coral Glow, it will say aka Whitesmoke (VPI is now working with a Pastel Whitesmoke from NERD). Its the same morph with two assumed names. Now the banana project is owned by another few breeders (Douglas Matuszak, Will Slough, Greg Graziani and maybe a few others), like any other "line" of a morph they were entitled to call it what they want when it proved genetic.

To my knowledge there haven't been supers created out of the Coral Glow or Banana, so as of now they are co-dominant mutations, because they reproduce themselves when bred to a wild-type animal. I'm sure IF there is a super we should see one this year, but I'm going to venture a guess and say that those morphs are dominant like a spider.

There is a "Banana" that is a European morph, but it looks relatively normal in color, however I'm sure it will make some cool morphs.
    Jason,
    I think you meant dominant. Also, there has been no super Banana yet, because the first males were produced last year. As for the Coral Glow, who knows when Kevin produced a male, since he is so tight lipped.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muddoc View Post
    Jason,
    I think you meant dominant. Also, there has been no super Banana yet, because the first males were produced last year. As for the Coral Glow, who knows when Kevin produced a male, since he is so tight lipped.
    Ah yes, in my typing frenzy, I meant they'd been proven dominant thus far, since we don't know if they'll produce supers. Thanks Tim!

I wish NERD would spill some of their secrets, but it hasn't happened yet so I don't expect it to, although I'm sure a super Coral Glow is a stunner!
    Jason

Thanks

I can tell you this - we have not produced a "super" Coral Glow. We're as anxious as anyone to see if there is one, but with our propensity for hatching females (and precious few of those), it has been a long wait thus far!
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

yeah. im really curios as to how they make those infernos.. lol..
    raymond