Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,877

3 members and 2,874 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Jen Harrison Split from Big Daddy's Wholesale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JenHarrison View Post
    [COLOR=deeppink]The same person that was defending Allen Belcher and said he was "never coming back".
    That figures , thanks for clearing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmommy View Post
    I think that you might not have to destroy the extra snakes. You could sell them to people as pets but make sure that these people are not selling/trading or giving away animals - they would need to be people who aren't going to suddenly need to get rid of their collection a couple years down the line as well. They would have to be people who are known as established/stable and trustworthy. I have no doubt that you would fully disclose the situation.
    I have to disagree with that, from the moment a snake would be out of Jen’s collection it would hardly be possible to track especially in the long run (over a period of 30+ years)

Too many things can happen to people within 30+ years (including losing touch with them) and if they re-home animal that happens to be asymptomatic carrier, this is another tragedy waiting to happen.

The risk is too high and no animals should get out of Jen’s collection period.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belvis View Post
    Jen or i mean>>>>JUDAS I love how you took are conversations out of context and used them to benefit yourself. You did this knowing i was disliked do to my Big Daddy posts. YOU will do anything to take the blame off of yourself. I love to cut and paste. So here is what you wrote me incase you forgot.

From Fauna after you edited your add.

Originally Posted by belvis
    do you have any female pastels or mojaves?

-- I don't breed pastels, and I only had one female mojave but she's on hold at the moment. Let me talk to the person that wanted her and I will let you know if she becomes available again. I will have spiders in 3 more weeks, the clutch is due to hatch on the 20th. Thanks!

From here on Thursday--------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JenHarrison

i'm still waiting to hear from you about that female mojave you had on hold for someone. Let me know

Hey there -- I haven't heard back from her yet. I e-mailed her to see if she would prefer 1.1 spiders instead of 1.1 mojaves, but no reply yet. I'll let you know when I do.

After all that has been dramatized in the last 48 hours, you're still OK buying from me? I have tried to make it as clear as possible that my babies are just fine, and that my vets cleared them to be OK. I just wonder if some people will still be turned away by the idiots that have no idea what they're talking about. You know?

Jen-----------------why don't you post the other PM i sent you???????????????????????????????????

Since you love blaming other peolpe----I guess you won't------------I Will

My other PM to you------------Friday
    Well i wish you the best of luck----i did not mean for you to sell sick snakes, i meant for you to distance yourself from these people, you'll be better off in the long run. If everything goes well with your snakes, go public. If its 2 years from now, these same people will give you the same . By the looks of half their pictures, they need to worry about their nasty dirty selves instead of Big Daddy's dirty cages. Obviously they love to attack people from behind there computers.

look back at last month, all they did was attack JNJ----then it was Big Daddy, now you.

if you want to be a Judas, go ahead-----i'm only judging you unbiasly, unlike your so called peers.

You new I was not going to write on here again----are you that dumb to think I wouldn't follow up with this? To think I Stood up for only to get stabbed in the back------Jog OFF
    bevis, you're the judas. By your own posts she proves that she was not trying to pull anything over anyone, had not yet sold anything, even though at THAT time she still intended to and that YOU were willing to take the risk of spreading an unknown to who knows where.

Jen, what is bevis's actual name?

The guy is a TOTAL scumbag and needs to be known by more than his user name here and scumbag everywhere else.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Banned
    Thanks

wilomn-------Obviously you are a fine upstanding gentleman of taste and distinction and can't read...
    At the same time she was writing these posts about NOT going to sell her snakes, she pulled her adds etc., she was trying to broker a deal with me to buy her babies...

If you want to know who i am, why not just ask me?
    I will gladly give you my number--------we'll see if you tough talkers will call without blocking your numbers...

i don't care what you opinion is of me-----i only have relations with 1 bored member, and their the only persons i will continue to talk with-----------if you think i'm a scumbag-----OH WELL_________

i have sold many snakes this year--------with no problems...
    and will continue to do so.
    Last edited by dr del; 05-03-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: (by BELVIS "TOO BE MORE FRIENDLY") not friendly enough so I had a go

Banned
    Thanks

Your getting pretty irritating. I've kept quite while reading this thread, due to the fact I have no idea what is really going on. From the looks of it, you were inquiring to begin with and trying to talk her into doing something morally wrong. You were willing to buy the snakes, knowing the entire situation, and what you could possibly cause. What does this say about yourself, your morals, and what actions your willing to take? It speaks pretty low of your morals and understanding of the hobby...

I'd like to know exactly who you are. It'll let me know who to avoid in the future. Please show proof of who you are as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by belvis View Post
    wilomn-------Obviously you are a MORON and can't read...
    At the same time she was writing these posts about NOT going to sell her snakes, she pulled her adds etc., she was trying to broker a deal with me to buy her babies...

If you want to know who i am, why not just ask me?
    I will gladly give you my number--------we'll see if you tough talkers will call without blocking your numbers...

i don't care what you opinion is of me-----i only have relations with 1 bored member, and their the only persons i will continue to talk with-----------if you think i'm a scumbag-----OH WELL_________

i have sold many snakes this year--------with no problems...
    and will continue to do so.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JenHarrison View Post

One thing that I keep wondering is that you yourself said you have purchased animals from Wyatt -- and there is no proof as to how long this virus has been in his collection. How do we know that your animals aren't asymptomatic carriers? Or anyone else that has purchased from him in the past? If there is such a big risk with my remaining animals that have never been symptomatic, wouldn't there be a similar risk with your animals from Wyatt?
    Because in the three years since he entered my collection - no one prior has complained about Wyatts animals killing off their animals so it's unlikely that he's had it that long. As you can clearly contest this isn't something that would be able to hide in a collection without something else getting sick - my snake has been bred, he has been put in tubs with others during cleaning and moving and the kids take a bunch of them out at a time to play with them - if there was an opportunity for cross contamination I'd have sick snakes - yet I haven't a single sick animal - I am 100% certain he's clean. Other people that bought from Wyatt in the past didn't just have a bunch of animals die on them - that is where the difference lies. Yeah it's possible that someone that has recently bought from him might have an asymptomatic carrier but if the snake I bought three years ago were a carrier - it would be even more reason for you not to be releasing any further animals into the community wouldn't you think?

If you want to keep the animals you have - your only choice is to not breed - not bring any other animals into your collection and not let any out. Give it some time - and by time I don't mean 60 days I mean like a year or so - then if you decide you want to try breeding again - buy a few animals - don't vaccinate them - incorporate them into your collection and wait and see if they get sick - if they all are healthy after a period of time - you have a better chance at convincing people that you are trying to do the right thing by your animals and the community - then jumping back into it before you even know what you have on your hands.
    Tosha

The web page: JET Pythons
    The blog: http://jetpythons.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

bevis, I generally try NOT to have any more contact with scumbags such as yourself than absolutely necessary.

Since you chose to send me the pm I am posting below I'll grant you your favor this one time.

Who are you? I would like to know your name so I can put it on my scumbag don't buy from or sell to list.

Who are you in real life bevis?
    Last edited by BP.net Staff; 05-03-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: unacceptable language
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

I do have to comment on a few things.
    I've followed the thread here, on fauna and her blog and I haven't found any lies. Could someone please point that in the right direction so I can read these for myself?
    Also, to anyone who has or had this virus in their collection what's happening to Jen is going to make dang sure no one is foolish enough to post information again and to those who never made mention that they had it are looking at all this and patting themselves on the back for never letting anyone know.
    Previously we've asked for proof of accusations, so I'd love to see the proof that she's sold donated snakes. Also, who has donated snakes and sent them to her so far?
    Also, since there seems to be a need to attack her vets why not give them a ring? She's posted the information, I believe that Tosha did at one point call (due to something on fauna, if I'm mistaken Tosha I apologize) and ask them to verify some things?

All in all I'm just astounded at the attacks being allowed. Wow. Whether Jen is right or wrong there is no reason for half the crap being said. These lynch threads sure bring out the best in people....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    bevis, I generally try NOT to have any more contact with scumbags such as yourself than absolutely necessary.

Since you chose to send me the pm I am posting below I'll grant you your favor this one time.

Who are you? I would like to know your name so I can put it on my scumbag don't buy from or sell to list.

Who are you in real life bevis?
    Wes, just to let you know we edited your post to remove the offensive language Belvis chose to use in his PM to you. There's no infractable offense to you - just simply it needed to be edited for that one word.

Thanks

I have not had dealings with Jen Harrison, but have had a lot of interaction with her on the board. As a person I don't have any problems with her. As a breeder I can not say anything due to the fact that I personally have not dealt with her on that level.

As far as the separate building for quarantine brought up in the post here goes I have to question the validity of that. Most starting out breeders do not have the luxury of this and thus they are attempting to do their best by having a quarantine room. Granted this does not always help to protect against air born diseases, some things can be done to help protect against these things when you have to do this. A Hepa filter in a forced air furnace intake can help by filtering out extremely small particles that get sucked into an intake. Also making sure your quarantine room is kept at a negative pressure with the exhaust being filtered through a Hepa filter system. Does all this protect you 100%? No, but it is a good starter for the beginning breeder or keeper.

As for he said/she said information on the ordeal Jen Harrison has went through I would have to tell you to go to her blog and read it. At this time I think she has disclosed enough information for an educated person to make their own decision on buying from her or not. I personally will not do to the added disclosure I believe I would need to have with possible future customers to be 100% ethical. At least for another couple years until I see the full fall out of the situation she had/has with vaccinations and possible re-occurrence of the situation I'm not willing to take the risk, but after that time if things prove not to be a problem I may deal with her.

Posts on reviews that go into debate like this have significant ramifications for anyone in the business. If a business makes comments about another business in an open forum like this that can not be backed up with factual information or personal experience they leave themselves open to a possible case for slander. Due to the geographical area this board covers it would be classified as a Federal case. I wonder why you don't see very many big breeders posting in here?

The above information is a personal opinion. No information contained in it should be classified as a fact unless factual information to back it up can be found. Basically take it or leave it, but any fall out you receive either way is not the fault of the original poster of this reply to the thread!

Thanks

Mel - in the beginning my vet did try to contact - I believe it was Dr. Gordon - but received no return contact, we had gotten information on the virus from some other sources and went from there. There were others that delved into the issues more than I - all I wanted to know about was the virus and I'd gotten what I needed.
    Tosha

The web page: JET Pythons
    The blog: http://jetpythons.blogspot.com/

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast